Can scabies larvae cause fingernail splinter hemorrhages?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I was diagnosed with scabies after visiting China in 2007. The infection has proved very hard to eliminate sometimes recurring after up to 5 months free from it. Now 2 other family members have it too.

One of the symptoms has been what look like larval burrows under the fingernails. At 40x magnification they look hollow and partly filled with various kinds of debris. Two other members of my family have had the same thing.

When I consulted my doctor, he referred me to a dermatologist who told me I don't have scabies and the lesions under my fingernails are splinter hemorrhages. However the dermatologist did say my complaint was outside her experience and she would refer me to an infectious disease specialist.

Does anyone else have any experience with a parasite from China that burrows under the fingernails and can you tell me anyhting about it?

Cormat7