Can you get a staph infection in your genital area?
I have bumps around my vaginal area. I recently had a bikini wax and had sex. I thought it might be herpes but I recently had a blood test done and that did not come through. Could this be some sort of folliculitis or staph infection from the waxing and friction from sex in hot weather? I also have a slight fever.

It sis most probably a case of folliculitis.Folliculitis is the inflammation of one or more hair follicles. The condition may occur anywhere on the skin.
Folliculitis starts when hair follicles are damaged by friction from clothing, blockage of the follicle, shaving . In most cases of folliculitis, the damaged follicles are then infected with the bacteria Staphylococcus (staph).
It presents with pimples or pustules located around a hair follicle that may crust over and associated with itching of the surrounding skin.
Topical antiseptic treatment is adequate for most cases. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin ointment can also be applied to the affected area.
You may need to take oral antibiotics too since you are running a fever.Herpes usually presents as fluid-filled blisters.
ref:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folliculitis

Thank you so much for you response. My doctor's appointment is today and this puts me at some ease until then. My bumps follow a pretty straight line. I've had shingles on my stomach before, I'm 25, does this put at a higher risk for genital herpes? Also my bumps are light pink and pretty flat. Does that fall within the characteristics of folliculitis?
hey, so it seems that im going through pretty much the same thing as you...
i know this was your time to ask questions but i was hoping you could gelp me out since youve gone to the doctor for it.
i have the bumps & such... & now i have what seems to be staph on my side.
so i guess im here hoping your doctor visit can help me out a bit.
i know many cases are different, & i should most likely get it checked out. but i would appreciate your help.
thanks.