Can you get acne on the lip line and around the mouth?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I sometimes get 1 or two white head on my upper lip line, they do not crust and do not itch.  I am afraid that it is herpes?
You can get acne on the on the upper lip line, at the junction where the facial skin meets the lips.

Acne develops as a result of blockages in follicles. Hyperkeratinization and formation of a plug of keratin and sebum (a microcomedo) is the earliest change.  The microcomedo may enlarge to form an open comedo (blackhead) or closed comedo (whitehead).

Whiteheads are the direct result of skin pores becoming clogged with sebum, a naturally occurring oil, and dead skin cells. In these conditions the naturally occurring largely commensual bacteria Propionibacterium acnes can cause inflammation, leading to inflammatory lesions of acne.

Widely available OTC bactericidal products containing benzoyl peroxide may be used in mild to moderate acne. The gel or cream containing benzoyl peroxide is rubbed, twice daily, into the pores over the affected region.
This is sufficient to bring about a resolution.

An infection by a herpes simplex virus is marked by watery blisters in the skin or mucous membranes of the mouth, lips or genitals. Lesions heal with a scab characteristic of herpetic disease.

HSV is transmitted during close contact with an infected person who is shedding virus from the skin, in saliva or in secretions from the genitals. Viral shedding, and therefore transmission, does occur in the absence of visible sores.

REF:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herpes_simplex_virus
REF:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acne