Aa
A
A
Close
Canker like sore on penis
While using the restroom recently, I felt a hard sensitive spot on my penis at the base of the head right on the rim.  Upon further inspection, it appeared to be a canker sore.  It is oval in shape and ulcerated with a white center and is about the size of a grain of rice but more round.  Looks exactly like the small round canker sores I get in my mouth occasionally, which I have been told is viral as I also get body aches and a sore neck when they are present.  I have never had a sore on my penis like this. The sore resembled a concave pimple but did not produce pus or anything really when I squeezed it.  Oddly enough, I also noticed at the same evening, one of my more common mouth sores coming on and strangely a couple water type blisters on the top of my right foot. My wife and I have been married 20 years and I have been faithful and have no reason to believe that she has had other partners.  I suspect this is a friction burn sore but am not sure.  What do you think?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
563773 tn?1374250139
Hello,
For such non itchy bumps an important possibility to be ruled out is of molluscum contagiosum. Molluscum contagiosum is a common, benign, self limiting viral infection of the skin. It presents as multiple, small, dome-shaped papules, often with a central depression or plug. Treatment includes physical destruction or manual extrusion of the lesions, cryotherapy, and curettage.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources