Canker sore like thing on right side of scrotum.
by questioner471, Mar 13, 2012
I have something on the right side of my testicle which resembles a canker sore. At least that's what I think it looks like. It is small but varies in size due to the change in size of the scrotum. It looks to be less that a 3 millimeters in diameter with a white/barely yellow area surrounded by a raised red area. I commonly get something similar in my mouth but I have only had one on my testicle before and that was only maybe a week and a half ago . It too was in the same spot almost. It also looks like I might have a little bit of dry skin. It is uncomfortable only when something applies pressure to the white area or when I take a shower and water hits it. I have been a bit lazy the past few weeks studying. Where I study it is hot and I sit in a leather chair so I get hot and sweat alot. I wear loose boxers and I haven't had sex in 7 years and that was only with one partner. I added a picture to help.  Could  I have possibly passed it to my scrotum, or could it have come from sweat or something. I don't think it is an STD but I don't know what it is, and that is why I am here. The answers are much appreciated, I would also be thankful for some thoughts on treatment as well
Related Discussions
Member Comments (2)
by Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank, Mar 15, 2012
From the symptoms it looks like a cyst. It is filled with a soft, whitish brown material that sometimes oozes out onto the skin's surface. This material is called sebum. Treatment includes small surgical opening into the skin and removing the sac (excision biopsy). But recurrence is quite common. I suggest you to get the diagnosis confirmed from a dermatologist after examination.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

by maatson, Mar 15, 2012
Recurrent oral and scrotal ulceration need investigation to rule out Behcet's syndrome.Pathergy test which consists of pricking the skin of the forearm with a sterile needle.
The test is called positive and suggests Behcet's syndrome when the puncture causes a sterile red nodule or pustule that is greater than two millimeters in diameter at 24 to 48 hours.
Most likely it may just be a form of aphthous stomatitis and the scrotal counterpart.
Best wishes.