Dermatology Community
Canker sore on my testicles?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Canker sore on my testicles?

Ok so I woke up a few days ago and noticed a small growth on the outside of my right testicle. I can't describe it any other way than to say it looks like a canker sore. The texture is the same, the color is the same, and its been growing. Its about 3/4 of a millimeter in diameter now and hurts whenever i press on it. At first I thought it may have been an ingrown hair but since its been growing I have been getting worried. I haven't had sex in a long time so I don't think its an STD....
Related Discussions
  • Bumps (1 replies):
    My daughter who is 46, has these large lumps underneath ...[more]
  • Rash (2 replies):
    I have this terrible rash between my butt cheeks It star...[more]
  • Tender spot on buttock (1 replies):
    For about a week or so, I have had a tender spot on my b...[more]
  • in pain (1 replies):
    i have a very painful ingrown hair on my bikini area and...[more]
  • Boil or Ingrown Hair??? (1 replies):
    I have had ingrown hair on my butt cheek area before but...[more]
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
well the same happened to me , i've hadnt had sex since 6 months ago...  I dont think i have STD, my health is v good , thank the lord... but there is this zit on my penis that has been for like 2 weeks , eventhough i squeeze everyday to see if its an ingrown hair
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,

From the description of your symptoms,it sounds like a boil. A boil generally starts as a reddened, tender area. Over time, the area becomes firm and hard. Eventually, the center of the abscess softens and becomes filled with pus. Finally, the pus "forms a head," which can be surgically opened or spontaneously drain out through the surface of the skin.

Boil on scrotum is usually due to plugged sweat glands that become infected or by an ingrown hair.

Apply warm compresses on the boil and keep the area clean.Drainage of the boil is done only when it becomes soft and forms a head.Take some over the counter pain reliever and consult a doctor for examination and antibiotics prescription.

Other possibilities which need to be ruled out are molluscum contagiosum(multiple, small, dome-shaped papules, often with a central depression or plug) , genital warts(caused by HPV infection) and herpes simplex sores.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank