Cannot figure out what this is!

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Cannot figure out what this is!

I've recently grown a quarter size cyst.. or well that's just the problem, i have no idea what it is. i cannot seem to find an image online that matches it. I had one on my inner thigh just like it before. This one is located on my pelvic area. It reaches deep into the skin, not pop-able really. When squeezed, some blood comes out. This is minimal and the pain does not allow for much more squeezing. It is not smooth, it makes the pores look massive. Fairly painful to the touch. It is mostly red but at times i'd say its purplish.

I've had acne my whole 23 years of life. Should  I be worried?
oh, and i might mention, under the skin it feels like one large mass... on top, it looks and feels like a bunch of very close... *things*
It can be a small cyst or benign skin growth. Sebaceous cyst is filled with a soft, whitish brown material that sometimes oozes out onto the skin's surface. This material is called sebum. Treatment includes small surgical opening into the skin and removing the sac (excision biopsy). But recurrence is quite common. I suggest you to get the diagnosis confirmed from a dermatologist after examination.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers