CellCept to treat Persistant Erythema Multiforme?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Ive been suffering with persistant erythema multiforme (huge painful lesions) on my hand ad forearms for about 2 years straight.  The only intervention that works is prednisone on a 80mg taper and about a week after the course it comes back.  Ive been through 3 dermatologists, and my current dermatologist took me to visit with 40 other dermatologists that all looked at me and wanted me tested for lupis, various cancers, and all tested negative.  Ive been tested for herpes blood disorders and they cant seem to find any diseases in my system to cause this.  Ive tried every over the counter and perscription cream they could suggest and tried doryx, valtrex and nothing works.

The latest drug they want me to try is CellCept which is used in transplant patients to decrease rejection.   Now I have also been trying to have children, and with this drug I absolutely cannot get pregnant, as it causes major birth defects.  Also I have a giant increase in risk of cancer, and sickness.  

My question is.... has anyone had success taking this drug, and being able to taper off with no recurrence of symptoms?  Or am I pretty much stuck on it for life with no chance of having children?  Ive only found one case report online where the person tried tapering off and it came back and he is on the treatment to date still.   And how much of an increase in cancer are we talking?

Should I request an alternate treatment?   This drug really has me worried.
Tags: cellcept, Erythema Multiforme, stevens-johnson, persistant erythema multiforme, chronic erythema multiforme, target lesions
Forgot to mention I did take methotrexate (sp?) and it made it worse.