Chapped butt crack from bike riding

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Chapped butt crack from bike riding

I want to know if there is an OTC product safe to use in the butt area.My husband and I have been riding bikes at night for several hours.It's our workout.We do it at night since I am terrified of skin cancer.I noticed that my butt crack(not to sound lewd) on one side gets raw and chapped after riding from the friction and sweat.Is there a product i can apply there that's safe and will help it heal?Also what do you suggest to avoid further irritation?It's uncomfortable when I sit down after a bike ride.
It can be due to chafing skin. Chafing occurs when the skin becomes irritated by the friction caused by rubbing – either against other skin or against a foreign material. Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. Also wear cotton undergarments. Application of mild corticosteroid cream and oral antiinflammatories like ibuprofen/acetaminophen are also helpful. If the symptoms are severe then it will be best to consult a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.