Chemical burn - with Tea tree oil!
Hello, I burnt my skin with Tea Tree Oil. I dabbed it on a spot, and probably used too much of it - it burned severely, but  (stupidly) I thought it was normal and left it to burn. When I woke up the next morning, I had a big red burn the size of a £1 coin. I applied calendula cream first. A crust formed. Then I used aloe vera, but it burned, so I discontinued use and started applying Olio di Ipperico (St. John's Wort oil??). The crust peeled off in a few days, leaving the skin underneath pinkish and a little sore. Now, after 3 weeks, it is no longer sore, but it is still darker in colour. My skin is very fair, so the contrast between the burn mark and the rest of the face is big and it bothers me. What can I do to make the skin return to its former colour? Laser therapy? Let time pass? Special creams?  Do I have to cover the mark in the sun with a sunscreen or a patch? Do I need to keep it moisturised and if yes, with what?
Without treatment, this usually takes about 6 months to resolve and for the skin color to go back to its normal color.  Topical treatments with acids and chemical peels can be effective but can take a while for the skin to totally revert to its normal color.  Microdermabrasion can also be done, but this might require several sessions.  Skin resurfacing using lasers is also an option.  

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.