Chemical burn on face due to toothpaste.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Well recently I came back from a Holiday in Fiji, the is very hot there and my acne on my right cheek flared up. Big bulgy lumps that were red and very sore.
I applied some toothpaste over night and let it sit on the acne only on my cheek.
I woke up in the morning and my cheek was very dry, the acne was still a bit bulgy, but the main problem I have now is that my right cheek is red looking and there are greyish blotches on where my acne is/was.

Is this a chemical burn?
And what can I do to cover it, speed up recovery and prevent scaring?
I am also started a course of doxycycline, but it's not for my acne.

All help is appreciated, and a big thank you in advance =]

Ps, I know it was a stupid idea to use toothpaste but I couldn't stand going back to school with massive acne sticking out.
From the symptoms it looks like irritant contact dermatitis. Irritant dermatitis, the most common type of contact dermatitis, involves inflammation resulting from contact with acids, alkaline materials such as soaps and detergents, cosmetics, or other chemicals.

Avoid using any lotions and creams over the face for the meantime. Wash your face with a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. Pat your face dry. Then apply a good hypoallergenic moisturizer over the area and see if this improves. If the symptoms still persist then you can apply mild steroid like dermacort.

If the irritation persists then please get it evaluated from a dermatologist. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
I have the same exact issue, I was wondering will my face ever go back to normal? Because I didn't have no scars or pimples on my face but now even after useing the toothpaste not only did my face burn but the pimple spread. Please help.
I placed  a bit of toothpaste onto some spots on my face and i left it overnight. I usually do this but this time when I woke it was really dry then  I realised it had discoloured my face and began to peel my skin. It has been three days now and it is just getting worse.

How do i get rid of it and make my skin go back to its original colour.
i have the same probem , i applied toothpaste on pimples and i found that my skin became very dry with some dark patches on my face . please please help me how can i get rid of this
please help me i have the same problem i hav dark patches on my face due to toothpaste
I'm facing the same problem too ! It bearly happend last night when I applied toothpaste so many times on a pimple by my cheek . I woke up and it was dried up . It looked purple , brown and red mixed together . Help please !! How long will it take to go back ?¿ . Did yours already go away ?¿ . Will it leave a scar ?¿ . PLEASE REPLY !! .
Use aloe vera it worked for me
Happened to me, too. I am on my second day using aloe vera from the plant. How long did yours take to start healing?
Happened to me yesterday. I applied aloe vera from the very start and it's pretty much better today. Yesterday it was so hot and burnt so bad and turned into a dark brown scab. Today, however, it seems to be healing quite fast. Hopefully, the nasty scab will be gone until Sunday, as I am attending a wedding and don't want to have a brown patch on my forehead. How long did your burn take to start healing?
How long did it take using aloe Vera? & how much did you apply a day ?