Chemical burn on face due to toothpaste.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Well recently I came back from a Holiday in Fiji, the is very hot there and my acne on my right cheek flared up. Big bulgy lumps that were red and very sore.
I applied some toothpaste over night and let it sit on the acne only on my cheek.
I woke up in the morning and my cheek was very dry, the acne was still a bit bulgy, but the main problem I have now is that my right cheek is red looking and there are greyish blotches on where my acne is/was.

Is this a chemical burn?
And what can I do to cover it, speed up recovery and prevent scaring?
I am also started a course of doxycycline, but it's not for my acne.

All help is appreciated, and a big thank you in advance =]

Ps, I know it was a stupid idea to use toothpaste but I couldn't stand going back to school with massive acne sticking out.
From the symptoms it looks like irritant contact dermatitis. Irritant dermatitis, the most common type of contact dermatitis, involves inflammation resulting from contact with acids, alkaline materials such as soaps and detergents, cosmetics, or other chemicals.

Avoid using any lotions and creams over the face for the meantime. Wash your face with a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. Pat your face dry. Then apply a good hypoallergenic moisturizer over the area and see if this improves. If the symptoms still persist then you can apply mild steroid like dermacort.

If the irritation persists then please get it evaluated from a dermatologist. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
I have the same exact issue, I was wondering will my face ever go back to normal? Because I didn't have no scars or pimples on my face but now even after useing the toothpaste not only did my face burn but the pimple spread. Please help.
I placed  a bit of toothpaste onto some spots on my face and i left it overnight. I usually do this but this time when I woke it was really dry then  I realised it had discoloured my face and began to peel my skin. It has been three days now and it is just getting worse.

How do i get rid of it and make my skin go back to its original colour.