Chicken Pox

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Chicken Pox

I've just had chicken pox about TODAY!!! Was kinda wondering if i'm able to shower normally?

And is it normal to have D" rash growing all D' way up my head? and in my hair? It is really freaking me out at how much itchyness it could cause and very very discomfort!

Rreally need some guidance! Please help!!!
In children, chickenpox lasts 7 to 10 days and in adults, it lasts for a longer time. In adults, the fever and generally feeling unwell can last several days. The blisters gradually dry up and scab. They slowly fade over a week or so, but may take 2-3 weeks to go completely. You can take a bath with lukewarm water instead or very hot or cold water and dry out the lesions by pat rubbing. Also avoid using any harsh soap while bathing. Calamine lotion helps to reduce itchiness. You can apply that on the blisters.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I'm actually feeling much better with less intense itch and everything. I'm 18, wonder if you still consider that a child or an adult. hmm..

Well it with regards to bathing, i have actually just rinse myself with D" water without soup. As for my hair i just rinse it as well. D' blisters dry up and my hair stick together and so i thought, just bathe with water. Initially i didn't wanted to touch any water for a couple of days but thought i should for keeping myself hygiene!

I've been to a doctor and have gotten D" anti-viral pill acrylcovir or something like that. for a 5 day medication. I need to get myself in school next wed which is exactly a week since i've gotten it. Just wondering is that alright?

Thanks rasap.
snOw
The antiviral drug Acyclovir that you have been prescribed is usually done by doctors for chicken pox because it is a viral infection. Because chickenpox is a viral disease, antibiotics are ineffective. Antibiotics may be prescribed if the blisters become infected. Calamine lotion helps to reduce itchiness. You can apply that also.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.