Chicken neck

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Chicken neck

Hi, I seemed to have developed small, pimply lumps round my neck, sometimes accompanied by redness, no soreness but it looks awful.  Does anyone know what it is?  It kinda looks like the skin of a plucked chicken, not very pretty. If anyone knows what it is, is there anything that can be done for it?
Thank you.
It can be due to keratosis pilaris. There is currently no known cure for keratosis pilaris, however, there are effective treatments available which make its symptoms less apparent. Treatment includes tretinoin or Triamcinolone cream or Adapalene, a retinoid medication. Exfoliation, intensive moisturizing creams, creams and lotions containing alpha hydroxy acids and urea may be used to temporarily improve the appearance and texture of affected skin.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.