Chronic Itchy Balls - Please Help!

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Chronic Itchy Balls - Please Help!

My balls have been itchy for over a year now.  
I would really appreciate any feedback or suggestions.
I use Gold Bond powder and that helps but would like some other suggestions.
I've got no other symptoms.  I've seen a doctor and was told nothing was wrong with me and it might be in my head.  Please help...I would really like to hear any suggestions you have.
Itching is usually caused by eczema which is a term used by doctors.
Eczema is a coverall condition when the doctors don't have a clue.
Dermatology is only one step away from leaches. They don't really want to find a cure they make all kinds of money with treating symptoms.
Back to the itch. I have the same thing. Some days are better then others. The only thing the doctors will give you is mild cortisone so don't waste your time with them. Go get some cortisone ointment at the local drug store. Only use it when it gets bad. The more you use it the more you will have to use it. Moisturizers are the safest treatment but they tend to wipe off easily. Try cetaphil cream at night just after shower. Also don't use normal soap use dove all natural.
Their is no cure for eczema and probably never will be. It comes and goes, some believe cutting sugar and eating better helps.
Thanks for the response!
Willy, maybe you should get a little more info on subjects you know nothing about before you go around giving advice.... eczema is not a "cover all" condition. I have eczema and it is a very specific condition that have very specific treatments and medicines for. So Tom_CA I am not sure about your condition and I'm sorry I can't help you but know that you should be careful who you take advice from.
You have summed up the problem very well.  I have been to four doctors.  Only one took a very quick look at me, the rest were not interesting in examining the affected tissue.  They all prescribed a steroid cream.  Steroid cream does no good.  I also had some tina infection and their pills and creams did nothing.  I ordered Whitfield's ointment and curred that.  You would think they would take a culture and find out what they were dealing with.  It must take too much time and they get mega bucks for doing little and pushing steroid creams.