Chronic Peeling Lips
Well, a couple months ago, I noticed that the skin on my top lip was peeling off. It soon started happening a bit to the lower lip. Everyday layers of skin continuously peel off. I'm not sure what it could be. I do currently have Mono. Could my lip problem be a symptom of it? I stay hydrated, so I don't think that my lips are peeling from dehydration, and my lips aren't usually dry anyways. Its very frustrating and I don't know what I can do to fix it.
Firstly,It can be due to vit B deficiency.Take some vitamin B complex for some days and see if your symptoms improve.Secondly it can be due to cheilitis. Avoid licking the lips as saliva evaporates quickly resulting in them being drier than before. Drink plenty of water and take multivitamin supplements and do not apply lipstick or other cosmetic products for some days. Use a humidifier to moisturize the air in your home and apply shea butter or Vaseline on your lips.If the symptoms persist then pls consult a dermatologist.
I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and regards.