Dermatology Expert Forum
Chronic Rash
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Chronic Rash

Hi,

My 18 month old son has had a rash on his legs for past 6-8 months.
This rash started on his upper front thighs and at first it felt like rough dry skin changing over time to many small red/pink and flesh color pimples that are spreading to the back of his ankles as well.
The rash looks better some days and worse on other days however there is no itching or oozing. To touch, these pimples still feel like dry, rough skin.
I went to see my family physian 4 months ago however she told me that there was no cause for concern and it is very unlikely that my son is alergic (allergic) to anything.
Since the rash got slighly worse since then and it is not going away, I am a little worried.

Thank you for your help.