Circle shaped sores
My boyfriend has something like sores on his legs. some of them are circles, some are shaped like "C's" they are as small as a dime and as large as a quarter.Each spot looks like a scab making the circle up.  It started with one or two a few months ago and now he has about 12 to 15 on each leg. What might this be?
It could be ring worm (a lot of wrestlers get it). It would be hard to tell without a picture but ringworn is circular. It is a fungus so he would need to see a doctor to get medication to kill it. Google pictures of ringworm and see if it looks the same. Good luck!
It can be due to ringworm or Tinea corporis infection,(scale and spreading),Granuloma annulare(no scale and dermal papules),Urticaria(itchy and last less than 24 hours),Erythema annulare centrifugum(trailing edge scale) or erythema multiforme.

I suggest you to get it evaluated from a dermatologist and get KOh examination and biopsy of the skin scrapings done.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.