Circular rash on Arm

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Circular rash on Arm

my daughter has a rash on her arm where it bends at the elbow. (not the elbow- the front of her arm) It is about a 4" ring with a clear center.  It started out itching about 2 weeks ago as a bunch of little bumps.  It does not itch now, and looks like an over-sized ringworm.  She has a small patch in the same location on the other arm. It is smaller and less distinct as a ring.
Any ideas what it might be?  

Without examination,confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but it can be discoid eczema ,pityriasis rosea, or psoriasis.

Pityriasis rosea is a common human skin disease which presents as numerous patches of pink or red oval rash. The rash may be accompanied by low-grade headache, fever, nausea and fatigue and sometimes by itching.

No treatment is usually required. In most patients, the condition lasts only a matter of weeks or months(upto six months)

If the rash persists then it will be best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.Other possibilities have to be ruled out then.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing and if you have any additional queries.