Clarisonic and Rosacea

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Clarisonic and Rosacea

I recently purchased the clarisonic and used it with the sensitive brush head.  After using it a couple times, I noticed what looks like a small cluster of broken capilaries under my eye.  I called Clarisonic and asked if this is normal, and they said sometimes once someone starts using it, it doesn't actually cause the broken capilaries, it just cleans your skin so well that they start showing.  I'm not sure what to believe, and I can't get in with my dermotologist in time before the return time frame is up.  My question is, is the clarisonic safe for use with rosacea, or will it just make the redness worse?  Thanks.  
From the symptoms these sound like superficial veins or telangiectasia. Superficial veins are visible in normal fair skinned persons. Telangiectasia are small dilated blood vessels near the surface of the skin or mucous membranes. It can be due to venous hypertension, sun or cold exposure, skin trauma, carcinoid syndrome or CREST syndrome. Skin trauma can be the reason in your case because of using this brush.

Sclerotherapy and laser treatment are the two main treatment options. Please discuss these treatment options with your dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you very much for the reply.  I have stopped using the clarisonic and plan to make an appointment with a dermatologist before I do anything else.  I have noticed that since I've stopped using the Clarisonic, the redness has already gotten better, so perhaps it was just skin trauma in my case.  Thank you so much!
I was given a Clarisonic Pro two years ago for  my birthday.  I have mild melasma, but never had any problems with rosacea (and I see a dermatologist once a year).  I immediately noticed that the pores on either side of my nose were much cleaner- I followed directions carefully- it really is better than plain washing with hands and cleanser.

However, within about six months, I noticed a thickening of the skin on my cheeks near the sides of my nose-  which the dermatologist diagnosed as Rosacea.  It is irreversible and I am crushed. My Clarisonic is put away, and I am never going to clean my face with anything other than mild cleanser and my fingers.  The doc specifically said that any friction at all, even soft brushes, can bring on Rosacea.