Clear, air filled, skin bubbles

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Clear, air filled, skin bubbles

Hi, I have looked through a couple forums about skin bubbles, and there has been many people with them, but all of their cases don't seem similar to mine. All of them seem to have some sort of fluid in them, where mine are filled with only air. Mine aren't also raised above the normal skin level. They are on the end segments of my fingers, and if they didn't look like bubbles, I would've assumed them to just be dry skin. I've popped them, and they respond just like dead skin. I have had dry skin before, but trust me, it looks like this, and having a hundred little bubbles on your fingertips is sort of unnerving. Anyone know what this is or what to do about it?
Thanks-
Ev003
I have something similiar but they are intensely itchy. Are yours?  Mine definitely pop up during stressful times and I just treat it with Goldbond itch cream.
You seem to be having exfolitaive keratolysis. . The first sign is one or more superficial air-filled blisters on the fingers or palms. The blisters burst to leave tender, circular areas. The symptoms are aggravated by exposure to irritants including water, soap, detergents and solvents. Treatment includes protection from irritants, emollients hand creams and phototherapy in severe cases.
During the day, hydrate and protect hands with a protective and moisturizing cream. At night, repair them with creams formulated from glycolic acid—a must for improving skin texture and tone. For a more intensive nighttime treatment, apply cream and then cover hands with gloves or socks. Your body heat helps the cream sink deeper into the skin. I would also suggest you to avoid washing hands with soap repeatedly and use gloves while doing any household work.
If the symptoms persist then please get an evaluation done from a dermatologist.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Thank you very much. However, I picked the bubbles off, and they didn't return, an my hands are almost clear of it. I have been using hand sanitizer more often recently, do you think that may have been the cause?

And no, sorry Charetti, mine aren't or haven't been itchy.
Thanks-
Ev003

As I had told you before, the bubbles can be due to contact dermatitis to any of the irritants and hand sanitizers may be one of them. Try the above mentioned creams and hopefully you should benefit from them.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.
Need help on what i may posibbly have it seems  like a bubble but when i push it in it feels like a hole in my skin but i can't see the hole because of the bubble it hurts and i have it by my butt