DERMATOLOGY
COMMUNITY
Clear bubble on skin??
by meowmameow, Jul 01, 2011
I have no idea what this thing is!
I woke up this morning to find a circular raised bump on my hand. As the day progressed, it has gotten bigger and literally looks like a bubble wrap bubble on my hand. It's almost the same size too.
At first I thought it was a wart, but it isn't hard and it's totally pop-able.
It's clear and perfectly circular. I don't know if it's filled with fluid because I'm afraid to pop it! I don't want more showing up! It doesn't itch or anything either. What could it be??
Member Comments (1)
by Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank, Jul 06, 2011
Foot and hand blisters are caused by rubbing friction or pressure. It can be due to contact dermatitis or infection also. Other possibilities are erythema nodosum (an inflammation of the fat cells under the skin),Q fever(a disease caused by infection with Coxiella burnetii, a bacterium) or treponema infection or spirochetal infection.

Elevate the hand, give rest to the part, apply cold compresses, soak the blister in Epsom salt and keep the hand bandaged so as to avoid its rupture. If the blister breaks, quickly rinse the area and apply an antiseptic such as neosporin. It is not recommended to break a blister because it may often lead to infection.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.