Dermatology Expert Forum
Clear water bumps on base/pubic area
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Clear water bumps on base/pubic area

Dear Dr. Rockoff, I will try and get right to the point.  I have asked you for your help before, and you gave me great insight, and told me to see a dermatologist. I am currently in SE Asia, and saw the dermatologist here and he said it looked like I had folliculitis, gave me antiobiotics (oral and topical)...cleared all pretty quickly.

However, a week and half later, I got these 2 small water bumps in the pubic hair area/close to base of penis.  I mentioned them to you before (in my 1st "follicultiis" bout), and you didnt seem alarmed that they were superficial.  these new bumps, started as 2 red bumps, that turned into superficial water blisters that were conneccted, but never popped, they just went down, never became an open ulcer, NO pain,  but just scabbed 2 days after I put antibiotic/corticosteroid cream on it.

1. What could this be? Herpes? (since they did resemble some of the pictures). They did not have hair in these clear bumps. Could this be a "recurrent herpes attack", since the bumps seemed to quickly heal into a scab without any open sores?

2. I am just confused though, because, none of these became painful, NEVER ulcerated, and quickly went away or turned into small scabs with the cream within 2 days.
Is it possible that it is prickly heat, trapped sweat, since I have been in humid areas working outside? Does prickly heat cause water blisters that scab with no pain?

Never any bumps on the penis shaft or head.

Just a note, I had sex with a woman 7 weeks ago, with a condom, that might not have covered the affected areas (pubic area and base). She says she does not have genital herpes....thank you doctor, as I know you must get so tired of these questions...losing sleep, nervous...will have a blood test when i get back to US.