I thought I had poison ivy...so I used an old trick to dry it out - I poured clorox bleach on it and did not wash it off several times over two days.
The rash became worse and very painful.
My doctor diagnosed it as shingles...but it has been spreading.
What effects are there of putting clorox bleach on the back of my neck on open sores?
Can it eat away at my skin causing much pain and blistering?
Thanks, need to figure out what I have - shingles, poison ivy or something more sereious like MRSA
Chlorox is composed of sodium hypochlorite, which is a strong oxidizer. Products of the oxidation reactions are corrosive and may burn skin and cause eye damage, particularly when used in concentrated forms. Household bleach and pool chlorinator solutions are typically stabilized by a significant concentration of lye and skin contact will produce caustic irritation or burns. The effect will be dependent on the concentration you used.
MRSA, or methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, is a bacterium that can cause serious infections. Most MRSA infections are skin infections that produce the following signs and symptoms: cellulitis, boils, abscesses, carbuncles or impetigo.It is best that you have this evaluated further for proper diagnosis and management.
Wow, I heard about the same old bleach trick to cure my poison ivy. I have it on my neck, shoulder, arms, hands, and it's starting on the back of my leg. I was told taht applying bleach would dry it out and I tried it last night and this morning. The burning was intense last night but it was the first night I ddn't itch and actually got some sleep. Seeing your post though I think I will just go to the doctor for help. It's irratating and I can't deal with it but I don't want to feel burning and itching worse than it is already! Thanks
be careful what you wish for..I had a bad staff infection and the antibiotics didnt seem to work....i read where some doctors had great sucess with 1/2 cup of bleach in a bathtub of water...I tried this..and then the next morning went too far...I used a 50/50 solution of water/bleach and poured it over the open wounds and then soaked a bandage....yes it helped the cellulitis but thought it was going to kill me....first my urine turned a redish brown...then I started loosing large amounts of bright red blood in my stool and finally even peeing blood....diaharea and stomach cramps....all in the same day....
next time...I will try more antibiotics.
I have a history of fake n bake tanning booths but have recently over the past 3 yrs stopped for the ridiculous reality of overexpense as well as lack of desire for it all together. After 10 plus yrs of over creaming and over saturating with this and that burning bronzer and self tanners in n out of the burn bulbs I can honestly say I've turned myself every shade from tangerine to brown to pink to purple. All at the hefty price of vanity. Well the first yr that I quit that addiction i realized my skin was splotchy from those ten yrs of NOT exfoliating because we don't want to scratch off the fake tanner we just paid 20 bucks for or waste the booth time at 30 a pop now do we. Needless to say I have always used heavy cleaners in my commercial
cleaning business and quite like them. Clorox Cleanup being my fave. All my girlfriends use all this peroxide base scrubs n go thru skin bleaching for liver spots n blemishes and a lighter brighter skinteone. Facial peels you name it they do it fiercely. I began using Clorox Cleanup on my face and my skin discoloration from over baking in brown skin staining muck for over 10.yrs has evened out and I've found that it is a great exfoliant and now I am one solid natural color. My age lines have diminished and my skin is so soft my friends now ask ME what I use. I tell them MY product is only 3.98 at Walmart! I've never had any problems or side effects I even use a kitchen sponge with it. BUT I am not recommending it I'm just sharing MY personal experience. I also apply a light Vaseline all over my body after a thorough rinse. Strangely I have no irritations with skin eyes or ears but when I'm over at a friends house and unable to raid their cleaning closet to take a shower I am forced to use Dove or other frilly shower fluffys my eyes burn like heck when using their foo for LA LA stuff. Thanks for reading I'm 40 yrs old by the way and I'm a Clorox Cleanup junkie. :)
Copyright 1994-2016 MedHelp International. All rights reserved.
MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.