Cluster of bumps near groin/buttocks

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Cluster of bumps near groin/buttocks

8490607?1352172644
I'm worried I could have an STD. I developed this cluster of bumps a month ago, maybe longer, i noticed the larger bump first and then the smaller ones that appeared near it. I didnt really pay attention till it didnt go away after a few weeks. I noticed it spread to the other side of my buttocks also, but only a few.  They definitely got bigger with time, i started applying tea tree oil to them and they have started to go down and the area has gotten dry/flakey due to the oil. For a few days they felt raw and irritated but never itched. Only the largest bump hurts a tiny bit when i hit it when wiping. A couple of them did bleed during the raw period.

In person under normal lighting you cant really see those white spots in the middle of the bumps. They only show up with a bright flash. Except on the largest bump you can see one of the white spots in it.

Things to note:
I did have unprotected sex back in March
I do shave with a razor
I started exercising using an elliptical 5 days a week for several months now and was not always able to shower right after exercising
I also used "sweat" pants while exercising to increase sweating a few times.

I do have a dermatologist appointment setup for next Wednesday.
I added "progress" pictures to my album that are dated, the one in the post above was the first taken on 10-29
It can be due to folliculitis and if you are sexually active then herpes sores should be ruled out. Most individuals have no or only minimal signs or symptoms from HSV-1 or HSV-2 infection. When signs do occur, they typically appear as one or more blisters on or around the genitals or rectum. The blisters break, leaving tender ulcers (sores) that may take two to four weeks to heal the first time they occur. Typically, another outbreak can appear weeks or months after the first, but it almost always is less severe and shorter than the first outbreak.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Did u find out what it was