Cluster of pimples that won't pop
Starts out as a single whitehead looking pimple at the edge of my mouth or on my chin.  It itches, painful (sharp needle like pain) and inflames.  No puss at all.  Solid white core that I have to pull out.  Will not ever pop.  Then it becomes more and more.  The inflamation is full of these things.  Dermatologist nor my primary have any clue.  It does not have blisters at all.  Now a cluster type sore on the outer edge of my mouth.  The docs have started me on doxycycline hyclate 100mg 2 x's a day for 60 days.  Please help.  The last time I had this it spread from my chin to my mouth and lasted about a year.  These pills make me so sick I vomit sometimes.  I started on these Mar 8th, 2012.  Suppose to be for about 2 weeks to see if it helps.  If not then they want to start me on an anti-viral.  I have tested positive for Herpes simples 1 and 2.  I have never had a cold sore or genital sores.  I cannot find any type of problem on the net and the doctors don't know what it is.
This small bump can be a sebaceous cyst. It is filled with a soft, whitish brown material that sometimes oozes out onto the skin's surface. This material is called sebum. Treatment includes small surgical opening into the skin and removing the sac (excision biopsy). But recurrence is quite common. I suggest you to get the diagnosis confirmed from a dermatologist after examination.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.