Cluster of tiny bumps on lower lip line

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Cluster of tiny bumps on lower lip line

7046420?1310021378
I noticed when i was waking up from my nap today that i got really itchy right under my lower lip and i kept on scratching that area i thought it was just a pimple but when i went to wash my face i noticed it was a cluster of little bumps right under my lower lip line and it itches real bad. I havent noticed any white heads but what i did notice is that their a watery fluid coming out.
It can be due to contact dermatitis, allergic reaction or folliculitis. The other possibility is of cold sores caused by HSV1. Pain, burning, tingling, or itching occurs at the infection site before the sores appear. Then clusters of blisters erupt which break down. I suggest you to consult a dermatologist and get it evaluated. Till that time, you can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and see if it helps.

For mild-moderate symptoms a weak steroid may be used (e.g. hydrocortisone as dermacort), whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid (e.g. clobetasol propionate, fluocinonide).But they are available under prescription and should be taken only after consulting a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.