Cold Hands & Pruning Fingertips
Hi I would like to know if cold hands and pruning of finger tips is normal as you get older. I am in my 50's and going through menopause. Not on any special medication.

Cold, dry air can cause dry skin, peeling, and even cracking and bleeding of the fingertips. Washing dishes without wearing gloves can put hands and fingers in contact with harsh detergents that can cause fingers to peel. Soaps and lotions that contain perfume can cause hands and fingertips to become irritated and peel.

Any type of trauma to the fingers, such as playing the guitar, can cause fingertips to peel. Peeling fingertips can also be associated with certain infections, reactions to medications and, rarely, potentially serious medical conditions.

A few simple measures can often stop the peeling, or at least slow it down:

Wash your hands with an unscented soap.

Use an unscented moisturizer after drying your hands.

Avoid trauma to your fingertips.

Wear gloves when washing dishes.

If peeling continues, contact your doctor or see a dermatologist to rule out exfoliative keratolysis or dyshidrotic eczema.

Let us know if you need any other information.

Regards.