Dermatology Community
Cold Sore-looking splits in corner of mouth
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Cold Sore-looking splits in corner of mouth

Since I was younger, i've always had cold sores that always appear in the corner of my mouth and Abreva took care of it within a few days. Just about 4 months ago, i got a crack in the corner of my mouth and i used Abreva on it all day long. All it did was get worse, and started to spread a bit more away from the corner of my mouth. In about 2 months i finally went to the doctor and she gave me some bacterial ointment to put on it.. and surprisingly it got better and went away, and now i have a nasty scar thats pretty noticeable. About a few weeks ago i got ANOTHER break out in the other corner and i did some research and my symptoms seem to be similar to those of Angular Cheilitis. I bought some Antifungal cream (athletes foot cream), bacitracin, and 1% hydrocortizone cream and it went away in a few weeks but once again, theres a scar. i have a scar on each side of my mouth and its starting to scare the **** out of me. And now i'm completely paranoid, i see another bump looking thing forming on one corner and I'm scared. I've always been a relatively healthy 18 year old, but i dont know why this wont go away. help??!