Cold Sore-looking splits in corner of mouth

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Since I was younger, i've always had cold sores that always appear in the corner of my mouth and Abreva took care of it within a few days. Just about 4 months ago, i got a crack in the corner of my mouth and i used Abreva on it all day long. All it did was get worse, and started to spread a bit more away from the corner of my mouth. In about 2 months i finally went to the doctor and she gave me some bacterial ointment to put on it.. and surprisingly it got better and went away, and now i have a nasty scar thats pretty noticeable. About a few weeks ago i got ANOTHER break out in the other corner and i did some research and my symptoms seem to be similar to those of Angular Cheilitis. I bought some Antifungal cream (athletes foot cream), bacitracin, and 1% hydrocortizone cream and it went away in a few weeks but once again, theres a scar. i have a scar on each side of my mouth and its starting to scare the **** out of me. And now i'm completely paranoid, i see another bump looking thing forming on one corner and I'm scared. I've always been a relatively healthy 18 year old, but i dont know why this wont go away. help??!
This could be perioral dermatitis. Perioral dermatitis, a condition related to acne vulgaris, consists of red papules that may appear microvesicular that typically affect the nasolabial folds, perioral area or perioccular area. It usually affects women between the ages of 20 and 45.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perioral_dermatitis
It is commonly caused by the use of fluorinated topical glucocorticoid steroids to this area.
It is treated in a similar manner to acne vulgaris with tetracycline antibiotics or erythromycin but, without the use of topical steroids.
Recently, photodynamic therapy (PDT) has been reported to be helpful, although large studies have not yet been performed.
Roaccutane has been used in patients with severe perioral dermatitis with some benefit. Do consult with a dermatologist regularly.
Let us know if you need any other information.
Regards.