Cold Wet Sensation on my leg

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Cold Wet Sensation on my leg

I've recently been experiencing a cold wet sensation on my right calf. I look down and go to wipe whatever I feel is there....yet, nothing is on my leg? It is happening more frequently, and I'm concerned. Just within the past week, it has gone from once a day to almost 4 times in the past hour. I haven't had any health problems until now, I don't smoke, or drink...I eat well...and stay fit. What is this...?...Should I be concerned? I'm an adult college student without health insurance, and need to know what I should do next. Thank you in advance for all of your help.

Sincerely,
Marci
You seem to be having paresthesia. Chronic paresthesia indicates a problem with the functioning of neurons.

Parasthesias are common in alcoholics and metabolic disorders like diabetes, hypothyroidism, and hypoparathyroidismThey can also be due to peripheral vascular disease, vitamin B12 deficiency or malnutrition.

Get your blood sugar and thyroid hormones levels evaluated. You can take some vit B12 for some days and see if the symptoms are gone or not.

In case the symptoms persist then pls consult a neurologist as it can be due to some neurological disorder.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.

Thank you so very much for your response. I have started a multi- vit with B12...and will continue this, to see if sensations go away. I will however let you know that last night, after I had already sent this question.... I had the sensations VERY frequent...at least every 5 minutes, for 2 hours or so. And earlier this evening, I was timing them at 7-10 min apart. They come in spurts. I feel weird complaining about something that isn't painful, BUT all the same...it worries me. Thanks again,

Marci
Marci,

Did the B12 help?  I just started experiencing this same sensation today.  Feels like cold water dripping down the back of my calf.  I actually reached down to brush away whatever it was but of course nothing was there.  I'm concerned because I looked up Paresthesia, and several of the possibilites seemed to fit me.  Have you seen a doctor yet?  Thanks!
Did you ever get a diagnosis from a doctor?  I began experiencing what you describe yesterday.  At first I thought water had spilled on my lower left calf and reached down to wipe it off only to realize there was nothing there.  Now I'm noticing it is a persistent cool feeling in both of my lower legs.  I had what the doctor thought was sacroilitis about 2 weeks ago but they didn't perscribe anything for me and figured it would go away on its own with rest.  
im 14 years old and this sounds like something im experiencing. the only difference is that the cool wet sensation feeling seems to be like on the inside of my calf. i dont know its hard to describe. its a wet cool feeling but i feel it not only on the skin but like underneath it. its so weird and not painful at all but just wierd. is this like wat you guys are experiencing?
Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers