Dermatology Expert Forum
Colored Mark on Forehead?? What could it be???
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Colored Mark on Forehead?? What could it be???

Hi, I have been meaning to get this checked for quite a while now. I am a light to medium skin toned 29 year old female that has been having this darker colored mark on the middle of my forehead for about 1-2 years now. It is about the size of a quarter and is smack in the middle of my forehead which is very cosmetically annoying. I was thinking it might be melasma that I heard about, so I stopped taking birth control pills now for the last 3 months. I took it before that for about 3 years, but am not currently on any meds of any kind.

The thing is that it comes and goes. I protect myself from the sun, but when I get alittle hot or am out in the sun, it appears or when I am tired as well I noticed. Those are the things that I know bring it out, but it is also there about 50% of the time. Also, the strange thing is that I think that it hurts once in a while and I am pretty sure it is not my imagination. Have you ever heard of this?

I thought it would go away if I stopped taking birth control pills, but it always seems to reappear. Also, one other thing, the melasma pics I have seen seem to be more pronounced or darker, this seems to be faint or under the skin? but noticeable because of location. and I do not have it anywhere else.

Thank you for any help you might lend, doc!