Comedone-like acne

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Comedone-like acne

I have little bumps (mostly flesh-colored, slightly elevated) near my eyebrow hairs which always appear. They don't have a real pattern after anything I've noticed, yet they keep appearing. If I don't pop it out, it either stays forever or turns into a cyst! If I do pop it, yellow, hard-ish gunk comes out and leaves a scar. I hate having to squeeze it out but I don't like to risk a cyst that stays for several weeks. Is there a name for this acne? And the possible treatments? (I already use the simple skincare line because most BP and salicylic acid products burn off my face, also I use differin for any pimples, yet this doesn't do anything to these little bumps!)
Also in the center of this little bump is a small hole looking thing
Tags: Acne
Avatar dr f tn
Hi there!
These flesh colored bumps are comedones which occur when tiny holes on the surface of the skin called pores become clogged. When glands produce too much oil, the pores can become blocked, accumulating dirt, debris, and bacteria. The blockage is called a plug or comedone.Use sunscreens and cosmetics which are oil free. Keep hairstyles which avoid hair on the face. Don’t pop or squeeze thee comedones as this can spread the infection Usually salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide gives best results.Tretinoin is also effective in such acne. Antibiotics are prescribed in case of infected blackheads and whiteheads. It is best to see a dermatologist. Treatment varies person to person. I do hope you find it useful.
Take care and regards!