Confluent and Reticulated Papillomatosis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I have been diagnosed with Confluent and Reticulated Papillomatosis by a dermatologist. I received antibiotics to cure the spots. The spots disappeared for roughly 3 months and are returning. The papules are located throughout my body, primarily near the belly button. The pattern extends up my torso on the sides, leading to the arms. The upper arms also have papules. I have noticed that when I lay on concrete without a shirt, the papules become more evident and obvious. However, the visibility does not dim over time. Does this have anything to do with it? Also, I would like to ask if supplements used for bodybuilding, which i have used recently that include creatine, NO2, supplementary protein, arginine, and beta-alanine have anything to do with Confluent and Reticulated Papillomatosis. Thanks you're consideration and time is appreciated
Let me pose you a question,Do the lesions correspond to the areas coming in contact with concrete?Did you do workouts on the floor with bare body?How long before CRP started that you began workouts?The cause of CRP is far from clear.Did you pick up the organisms from the floor?Or is it sweat reacting to cement which contains like Nickel,Cadmium which are known sensitizers?
Seb,I am just thinking aloud.Why it affects only young people?Why mainly the exposed parts of the body?Remember the organisms supposed to cause are residents of the human skin.ie pitiryosporum,and actinomycetes species.Connect barebody,sweat,hard floor like cement and the cutaneous reaction to organism resident.Might well explain CRP.Try workout with Tshirt and mat on the floor,and of course your medications to continue.
I too have been diagnosed with CRP.  I have been suffering what all doctors thought was a "rash" or a "fungus" for the past 8 years until I finally saw a dermatologist.  I am of darker pigmentation; so, the papules are not always so evident, but it comes and goes in spurts.  I was told it's an imbalance of bacteria in the skin (the bad bacteria outweighing the good).  First I did a cleanse for 30 days.... One of those good ones where you only eat minimal fruit and lots of veggies, lean meets, and water.  Then, while on the cleanse I started taking Acidophillis ( I might have spelled it wrong).  After the cleanse I was completely cleared.  This was in August.  Now it is in cycles.  It comes back (not nearly as bad as before) and it goes away.  I continue to take the acidophillis everyday, and drink lots of water.  I did the cleanse because I had terrible side effects to the minocycline.  Let me know if this helps
Did your doctor say the CRP cleared up because of the cleansing or the acidophillis?
My son has this and after about three years and lots of treatments, it is no better.
We used ketaconozole  shampoo 12% and cream 2% all over him and it started to help clear it up but the shampoo burned him so bad he couldn't stand it and the cream did nothing. I have not heard of anyone being completely cured permanently of this.  Has anyone?
I did the ketaconazole shampoo and cream too, but it's not a fungus.  That's what ketaconozole is for..... things like ringworm.  They cleared because I did the cleanse and the acidophilis.  The brand I used was from a company called ReNew Life, and they have children cleanses also.... From my understanding, nothing cures it completely, but to cleanse every 6 months and take the acidophilus everyday does help to suppress the appearance.  For the past 4 months, it does not scale up anymore, and my back looks much better.  It was EVERYWHERE on my trunk: neck, shoulders, chest, back, and spreading down to my belly-button.  Don't get me wrong it would clear up once and a while without any treatment, but not completely, and I would get all scaley like a fish and the papules would begin to peel.  I did chemical peels, where my body obsorbed the cream instead of it actually peeling the skin! YUCK!  I also, would recommend a good moisturizing lotion if your son has dry skin.   I know this is a bit lengthy, but if your insurance permits or finances, try a natural doctor.... If your can't afford actual visits.... look for one that offers FREE consults, that's what I did.
I too was diagnosed with CRP. Im 35yrs old and had CRP since i was 14. I got sick and tired of buying green scratch pads to scrub the dark peels off my body (where i can reach). For YEARS i thought i had Tinea Versicolor so i spent years treating my self the wrong way. I knew there was no cure for Tinea Versicolor so i never bothered to visit a Dermatologist.

Two days ago, i finally decided to see a Dermatologist. I expected him to freak out when he saw my chest and back. Instead he did the opposite. He told me it isn't TV, it was CRP. With confidence, he said he's had several patients with CRP and 95% of them were cured using Minocyline. He prescribed me 100mg of Minocyline (2 pills a day) and wants to see me in two weeks. I remember the doctor putting his hand on my shoulder and said "dont worry, I'll fix you up". .... I freaking hope he does!!!

I wanted to post on this website so that i can let you guys know my results in two weeks. I pray to GOD my body reacts well to Minocyline. Im tired of living in the darkness.
Hi all, I too have CRP, i've suffered with it for the past 5 yrs & it took a long time before I was diagnosed with it. Im 29, male, 6'1", 12st 10 and in otherwise good health. I currently take oxytetracycline tablets everyday which help & I've tried all the shampoo's (sunsel, nirozl etc), creams and I havent found any of them any good really :(

I get CRP on my chest, armpits & on my scalp along the hairline of my forehead. When its bad i get red patches, my hair falls out easily in effected areas & I get so hot and sweaty - Is that just me or is that a symptom of CRP??? When its bad I feel so hot & the slightest exercise even like hoovering etc makes me sweat buckets in the areas effected by CRP :(

I've found the comments above quite helpful (thank you) and Im gonna do like confident_skin suggests and try a detox/cleanse for 30 days and start taking acidophilus. I'm really worried about what im gonna eat thou, as the bad stuff is what i eat most, lol. Im gonna also try cutting out gluten from my diet & see if that helps. Does anyone know if a wheat/gluten free diet or a lactose free diet (or both) helps with CRP?
Wow!  I didn't realize CRP was so popular; however, I still fill like an outcast because I'm the only female in the forum, but that's okay.  For those doing the antibiotics...I really hope it works for you...Thats's the easy way!!! Just remember to talk with your doctor about the possiblity of your body building an immunity to the antibiotic.  If you are trying the cleanse (SJMAC) come back and let me know how it goes for you.  I will always recommend a naturopathic doctor, because we are all different and our bodies respond differently to different conditions.  So far this has been 6 months.  I still have flareups, but they are not nearly as bad and scary looking.  WIth each flare up, the intensity is not as bad.  It's like my body is slowly washing it out of my system.  Doing great so far!
Hey!  How did the Minocyine work for you!  I hope all is well and you don't have to go through another round!
Hey, thanks for the reply :)

I am trying a detox/cleanse but its only been two weeks or so Im gonna try and keep it going for a good while longer, but its hard as I dont really eat vegitarian meals, but Im trying. I have cut out wheat/gluten which has been good. Imediately I noticed a difference my skin was much better and wasnt getting so oily like it can when it flaires up. But then I started taking acidophilus tablets and I got a really bad flair up so I think i'll knock those on the head. Im gonna try and avoid wheat/gluten, diary & chocolate altogether from now on. Im still taking oxytetracycline every day I have been for 2 yrs, I am kinda worried about taking it for so long but I dont know what I'd do without it to be honest.

I think that weight is a factor with crp, I have a wii fit and use it to weigh my self every day or so and when I have a flair up I've usally put on a few pounds. Im 6'1" and I weight 12st 8, which isnt overweight or anything but im gonna try and keep closer to 12st which I think will help to. Glad to hear your doing well confident_skin and thanks for the info you've posted its helped me a lot and its hard to find good info about crp even on the net, so thanks, its much appreciated :)
Ok yall. Im here to post my results after two weeks of taking 100mg (2 per day) of Minocycline. It’s working guys. It’s really working. The back of my neck is one of the worst areas. Its almost 95% cleared. The small patches in the front of my neck are 100% gone. My entire chest is clear with no sight of CRP. There is still a concentrated area of CRP under my breasts (I have a small case of man boobs,,,beer cough cough). However, im not at 3 1/2 weeks and it’s about 90% clear. The same for my back area. This area was the worst. In the mirror, I can see the bad areas becoming clearer every few days. I help the process by taking a towel (while in the shower), soaking in hot water, and rubbing on my back using the 'back & forth" technique (same like drying off your back). This helps rip the bad areas of CRP from you body. Im sure you know that while in the shower, the bad areas feel like mold or grease gunk.

Its amazing how this infection changes your life. I’m so glad I found a cure. Even if it’s temporary. The real test will be in the summer. I will post again when im 100% CRP free and ill post once more during the summer. It gets up to 100 degrees where i live.

God Bless and FYI, if you take this medication, dont miss a day.
Hi, just thought i post some of my results, as ive had CRP for the past 8 years i remember being on minocyline and trying to take acidophillius and even though i was clearing the good bacteria in the acidophillius and bio yogurts i was eating caused it to come back rapidly, i know that long term use of minocyline can be horrible, i was on it for 3 years and i had to start having blood test regulary, it ruined the colour of my eyes and skin so i looked constantly unwell, so i cam off 4 months ago, im not doing to bad i havent found a stable food diet to completely eliminate the CRP but im sure im not that far away; their is one food ive tried over the years and found it again rapidly causes the CRP to come back almost under 24 hours and thats eggs i dont know whether its the protein or what but it like krpytonite to my skin, but ive actually had upto  3 weeks completley clear on a diet of green tea, fruit and veg and some low protein fish with a small dosage of vitamin c.

I do hope to eliminate this skin disorder before i reach 21, so last week i started a vegan diet which i hope will be a permanent cure  i will writer back in a month to ahow my results, i also relized a lot of doctors dont seem to follow up on their patients so you only hear doctors telling you minocyline cures after 3 months im glad i foudn this site and their are other people with more personal and accurate knowledge than that of a dermatologist.
Just checking in for an update..... So, I'm still doing the acidophilis 8 months with little meat losts of fruit and vegetables and little dairy (but that is hard so I switched to soy and organic dairy products).  My skin looks much healthier.  I wished their was a way to post before and after pictures.  I still have problem areas especially when I consume too much dairy or sugary/starchy foods.  I hope everyone is progressing well..... Even those on minocycline.... how is ur program working?
My son got CRP in January of his 8th grade (2008), he is now finishing 10th grade (2010).  He is African American and plays varsity football.  Every football season when he starts his “two a day practices” with  all of the heavily sweating, the hot heat, the sun, the steamy workouts, and the vigorous exercise along with the daily showers, all of this does a total ANNIHILATION of his CRP skin infection!!!!!!

I mean his skin is as “shiny” as a sooth copper penny, I love this time of the year for him!!!.  However no less than one month after football practice/season ends, he is up in his room just playing video games, no exercise, no sweating, and that terrible CRP creeps up on him with a horrific vengeance.  

Well summer training for his 11th grade football season is coming up, and I anticipate the same thing.  My son is brilliant, very smart,  but a bit uninterested in caring or nursing his CRP and he does not work out unless it is football or track season.  I tried to get him to take hot steamy showers at home and rubbing with diluted Bleach???  I really think he should go to one of those Turkish Bath Houses with the Steam rooms or even a gym/health club steam room during the off season.  It all started with Acanthosis Nigricans around his neck when he was in the 5th grade and with a very poor diet.  Cannot get him to eat healthy foods at all????   Let me know if you have similar experiences???

Had a relapse i think i acidentally consumed egg, but still eating a veggie fruit rich diet, crp is 80% gone still and hasnt coem back as bad as before.
Last comment was a little vague,i take MSM(750mg x2 daily) and vitamin c(500mgx4) this has help tremendously i dont actually look like someon who used to have a skin condition, but not sure about everyon else but yeast and eggs seem to set my crp off so i stay clear, i am also black caribbean so i think when its like 80% gone its easier to disguise, but kudos on the acidophillus it actually kept me clear for 3 months but i acidentally consumed egg then the crp got out of control, so i was bakc on minocyline which, fyi  is not the best thing for a woman to be taking, i suffered joint problems hense the MSM, my eyes were discoloured and i could tell it was having a affect ion my liver so now i have to get full regualr blood test eveytime i take mino, but right now i doing good with my 80% veg and fruit diet as i only eat good meat on weekends like steak and chicken breast portions hope you guys are doing well.
Why isn’t Confluent and Reticulated Papillomatosis NOT considered some form of “NEW” bacteria mutation or vector for a Parasite or a slow growing non lethal-Parasite that is seasonal in its expression? Sort of similar to a mixed between an sinus allergy of the skin and a non-lethal form of malaria type that lives in a bacterium, but the bacterium become resistant to Minocycline after the first treatment. Therefore treat it with low dose anti-parasitic medication???    

Meds Like:

Plaquenil (Hydroxychloroquine), quinacrine, chloroquine, and primaquin, mefloquine  (Lariam), doxycycline (available generically), and the combination of Plaquenil, atovaquone and proguanil??

This is what happens to my child, it is always seasonal; his CRP hates the heat, hot weather, & sun, it responses to Minocycline during the hot summer and sweat, but then transmutes as the weather changes and comes back worst and spreads quickly.  Use to be just on his neck, nape, chest, now completely covering to the shoulders, down biceps, down to the stomach???

But I have Never used any ANTI-Parasitic in his treatment??  I would like to try??

Please forward to all the Dermatologist in this forum if I do not get an answer thanks!!

Update, I ran out of acidophillus and when i went to buy more they'd added £7 to the price tag....how could they! So i started taking prebiotics along with my usual dose of onken firm natural yogurt, Im not out of the woods yet as there's still around 10% on my chest which isnt visible to the eye; but the clearing of my CRP is obviously down to  the probiotics. Still staying away from yeast and egg, so i'm basically a part-time vegeatarian who only eats red meats(BEEF).

I find this CRP to be quite complex as different things appear to apply to each individual, i thought at one point it was dowwn to being slightly overweight ( as it did regress slowly without meds,healthy eating or probiotics) then i thought maybe i need to sweat more as when summer came round after a sweaty day the next morning it would be clearing.

Its very confusing i dont think dermatologist are researching the patients enough, i agree with DZ314 on it being some form of bacteria mutation as when i applied an antibacteria soap; the next morning was horrific my entire face and chest had harded as the CRP had not only increased but was swelling out of the skin(yuck) my face was so hard and dry i could not blink my eyelids or barely move my mouth thats when i had to go back on the minocyline.

I do hope a permanent cure is found  for this condition as it just appears to takeover at the worst of time even when on medications.

TRY ELIMINATING FOODS WITH:
EGG
YEAST
I am 27 years old. caribbean american female. i was diagnosed with CRP at 16 years of age. the condition started shortly after puberty (11-12). For years i went to doctors that gave me creams, lotions and shampoos. NONE of it helped. The only medication that clears my skin temporarily is azithromycin. i discovered this drug worked because i took it for a respiratory condition. and shockingly my skin cleared. unfortunately like all the previous posts the CRP does come back but as of lately not so bad. eating healthier and losing weight i believe can also relieve the symptoms of CRP.

I was on oral azithromycin for 4 weeks in april 2010 and my skin was almost 80% clear. after treatment the CRP slowly began to flare up again. its on my chest, back, neck. im starting the course again but I will be going to a dermatologist to ask for IV treatment of azithromycin. It ***** that there is no cure for CRP. Ive come to terms with taking medication for the rest of my life to free me of CRP flares eventhough its short term. I used to cover my body up all the time. but Im more confident now and loving life so i dont try to hide it as much. To anyone with CRP. Love who you are and the skin your in. Make the most of it :)

Update of CRP

Prebio7 bought from superdrug £9.99 definitley works, the acidophilus tabs keep it under control but never really eliminates it were as Prebio7 does,  plus it doesnt require refrigeration like acidophilus so theres no loss of effectiveness which i think was the problem.I also think that in order to take probiotics its best to use the prescribed medication given by the doctor until the CRP CLEARS then wait a couple of days before taking probiotics to keep the CRP away.

Im also going to start taking Spirulina and Chlorella as its said to quadruple the amount of probiotics in the body.

I will write my progress in one month, so im hoping ive found a healthy alternative to mino .
Just been diagnosed with CRP after 3 years of going to local GP. Insisted on a specilaist and in 5 mins informed me that I had CRP. Apparantley your local GP does not have the knowledge of serious skin complaints and would not know how to treat it.  Hillarious!! I have suffered with low self esteem and depression over this and now I hope I am going in the right direction.  Thank Goodness.
I have had crp for the past 2 yrs and was recently diagnosed as it being crp. I remember when my mother first noticed it I was in jamaica and while I was there I gained circa 18 pounds and haven't taken regular showers(lazy dumb kid) . This bring me to the question , does weight affect crp?( I've seen it said so on a couple of sites.
At the moment I'm currently 5'8 and 156 lbs.
Moreover a month ago I went to the derm and he gave a topical cream econazole nitrate cream(1%). I noticed my skin has been getting worst the crp on my next is more noticeable with lighter spots
and on my body it's just horrible. I feel like crap and I'm just depressed over this I need help
I haven't seen any remission just it worsening  
Also I'm not sure if sunlight or heat helps get rid of it or not I, haven't seen any indication. My derm told me to take cold showers with a special soap for dry skin he gave me, I just don't know.
please guys I need help
Update

ACIDOPHILLUS WORKS WONDERS; i had to stop taking minocyline as it was harming my health but after 11 years of CRP. At 21 I now can live without worrying about my skin as it looks gorgeous, the upside is that CRP in certain cases more often than not IS WEIGHT/FOOD related clearly a doctor is'nt going to search deep down into what you eat and  how much you weigh just fog you off with some meds. The minocyline does clear it for 1-2 months longer for some people but unless food habits or weight loss changes it will keep coming back. The acidophillus works by replacing the mino once you've finished the entire course of minocyine to keep it away, and leave the gut constantly with healthy bacteria, the acidophillus should be kept in the fridge to keep the bacteria count high or they will deteriotate thus making the product ineffective. I take 1 or 2 caps after every big meal if its a small veggie or fruit meal I leave it, but i've basically made 70% of my meals vegetarian or fruit or soya based i eat meat on the weekends and usally take 2 caps then and excercise at night just in case. I tend to feel a slight tingly skin sensation when the food ive just eating is going to cause problems so i know i have to take more acidophillus.

I think this is the best results i've ever had from a product(thats wasnt minocyline) as you can look at my skin and never even think that i had something so horrible disfiguring my skin, I also take Vitamin C this is probably good to get the natural glow back after the minocyline zaps it from the skin.

Its a depressing and confidence busting skin disorder but trust me your skin can look like perfection if your strict with yourself, of course i was extreme as ive had it since 11 so overcompensated for the years I spent wearing turtlenecks and foundation when it spread to my face; If you find it difficult to change your way of eating or lose weight, i would try  eating better meats like skinless chicken breasts, beef steaks  and biopot yogurts;DID I MENTION THAT EGGS AND YEAST SEEM TO FEED THE CRP this might not be the same for everyone but just one product with eggs or yeast and im back to being covered in it so i check every product now.

ACIDOPHILLUS may not work for everyone but ive tried alot of things and i've had quite a few years to do trial and errors with my skin and i find this a natural way that leaves me feeling and looking healthy.

Hope you guys are doing well...
I was diagnosed with CRP for 1 year now and it is the worst ting that could ever happen to a female.  I am 32 years old now and had rashes since I was 16 maybe 17 years old and has been diagnosed with just having a bacteria of the skin.  I have used antibiotics and ointments on the skin since my diagnosis and nothing helped.  I noticed though when i have a lot of eggs that it is partially cleared up.  may be it is the sulfur in the egg that cause that.  But having a lot of eggs causes me to have a period twice a month because of the protein so i dont know what to do now.  Are there any natural remedies and can it be cured.
I haven't been posting in a while...LIFE!! But just wanted you all to know, I went to the dermatologist this past January and........ NO CRP!!!  A skin biopsy was done, and came back CLEAR.  Maybe this is just a cylcle that I am going through... who knows, but I am soo happy about the test!  I'm still eating healthier (for the most part) and I now very rarely take acidophilis, but I do take Vitamin C (500mg) and drink PLENTY of water.  

I was diagnosed with CRP after years of trying the shampoo and typical fungal treatments. I must be one of the lucky ones, because after seeing a dermatologist and getting on minocycline, I have been pretty much CRP free for about 5 yrs now. I have one little brown spot on each side of my armpit area, and that's it. Oh, and I only took the minocycline for about 6 months. I know for some people, they have to take it continually in order to prevent reoccurance. I hope my post brings hope to some of you!
I'm a 27 year old female who has also been diagnosed with crp .. Just today actually, but I've had it since i was 14 years old.. First time I ever seen a dermatologist, I was 15 who said it was "eczema" which I wasn't going for myself.. Second time I was 21 and they said tinea versicolor so I'd been treated for that and trying things for that for the last couple of years, but noticed it gets lighter, but never go away, so then I tried another derm because I was refusing to give up and I let him know how I was on doxycycline for something else and that cleared it all up so so good, but then that medicine was done with and it slowly started to come back... Eventually it all came back.. On my back, trunk, arms, neck and going to my belly button and its really embarrasing and I was feeling like a outcast.. Anywho.. As soon as the derm looked he said he believe he know what it is and showed me a photo and a long name out of his medical book and I looked at him weird lol, but after the biopsy, I was diagnosed with crp and it was exactly what he said.. I'm glad that I finally know now, but hoping this minocycline *think I spelled it right lol* helps because I'm so desperate to get rid of it..
I'm 24 now and I've had CRP since I was about 12. My GP thought it was eczema and gave me some cream, which obviously didn't help. A few years passed and the GP finally reffered me to a dermatologist who did a biopsy and confirmed CRP. I was prescribed minocycline, but after less than a week of taking it I developed welts on my arms and my hands swelled up. A blood test also reveled elevated liver enzymes. Clearly I was allergic to it and stopped taking it. The CRP  would go away occasionally when I was on other antibiotics, but it always came back. About a year ago, I was diagnosed with Celiac disease. I noticed when I stopped eating gluten the CRP wasn't as bad. It's still a problem but it is better than it has been.  I've been reading about the Specific Card Diet, which is supposed to be beneficial to Celiacs, and I'm wondering if this would help clear up the CRP as well. I don't like to take antibiotics more than I need to. Has anyone tried this diet?
First of all thanks to all of you for the comments it very helpful. Tazorac (Tazoretene) helps a great deal along with minocycline. I read on the internet that too much sugar in your diet plays a part in having CRP. Weight loss helps to get rid of it as well.
hi everyone!
i was diagnosed with CRP last february. My dermatologist immediately diagnosed me with CRP when he first saw me, and prescribed me to minocycline. I had lesions on my face, chest, stomach and back. Within a month it was completely gone! it comes back at times, but once i start taking minocycline again it vanishes. I've noticed that when i eat extremely healthy, medication isn't really necessary. Perhaps its because my immune system can fight off the bacteria that cause CRP? haha i don't know, but i hope this helps.

DIE CRP
TRY A LOW-CARB DIET!

Try it, it works for me. (At least when I actually stay on the diet. LOL) I found this out by pure accident, as I kept seeing my spots come and go as I went on and fell off the diet. Now I can pretty much predict when I'll have a flare up. It's like clock work.

My spots disappear completely in about 2 weeks. I go hard-core low carb (at under 20g per day) but you can try a higher amount and see if that works for you. I pretty much just eat meat and vegetables.

Also, it might just be the wheat gluten, or the yeast in the bread, but I just get rid of most carbs in my diet one shot, including fruit to keep things simple. But you can modify and see what works for you, because a low-carb diet isn't easy.

I normally just get CRP in my inner elbow, but when I overload myself with sweets/carbs (including fruit) my CRP comes back stronger. The spots become thicker and I start to get them on my breast and stomach. So it's definitely the carbs for me.

I hope this helps someone! I've had had CRP for 10years now, and only tried antibiotics the first time I was diagnosed. After that I lost my insurance, so this is how I've been treating it.

* And to all the women, I've also noticed my CRP get stronger as I near my menstrual cycle. Don't know if that's related or not?
Im 17 years old and ive was diagnosed with CRP right after my 16th birthday. It started out slow under my arms and my stomach. ive been put on several antibiotics including minocyline, which seemed to make it worse. Its now spread to my back stomach arms and legs. Its so hard to hide my body as a teenager and im sick of hiding it i need help! How can i make these spots at least fade? has any bleaching mechanisms worked before..anything?
I've had CRP since I was 19.  I'm 34 now.  I started to get a rash on my underarms and then my stomach.  I was given minocycline and that has worked for me.  It does come back after some time, but it comes back less and less.  I'm hoping that eventually it won't return.  It is a horrible thing to have, and as a woman it makes you very uncomfortable to have anyone see it.  I haven't noticed that it returns by anything different in my diet.  I guess everyone has slightly different flare ups.
I also have CARP. I have had it since I was 15 and I am now 21. Doctors were unable to diagnose me until I was 17. I take minocycline and I use a Tretinoin topical cream. I do not do too well with the Minocycline because it makes me sick, but the Tretinoin cream works wonders! When I first got diagnosed and they prescribed it to me I started using the cream by itself and my spots were gone within a week or two. And it stayed away for a little over 3 years. I did not have to continually take either of the medications, in fact I only took the antibiotic for about a week. But as soon as the spots disapeared I stopped using the cream, and like I said, it didn't come back for over 3 years. It returned this year and I treated it with the cream and it's gone again. I hope this is some help to you!
I was diagnosed with CRP in 2007 but had it since about 1998. I was told by doctors that is was dry skin or Tinea Versicolor. They treated me for dry skin or Tinea Versicolor; treatment didn't work so I just stop going to the doctor for it.

Finally in 2007, my gynecologist saw it. She asked me what it was and if I was being treated for it. I told her no and she referred me to the Dermatologist.

One look and he suspected to be CRP. He consult with a colleague and they both agreed it was CRP.  He took a biopsy of my skin. The results wasn't 100% conclusive but he prescribed Minocycline.  Within a couple of weeks I started to see the change. I was so happy.

However, some of you, Mino does not work well or you become immune to the drug.

Starinthestate, I agree with you. I believe it may have to do with the food we eat. I've read somewhere where it stated that some research has sown it to be cause from excessive yeast in the skin.

I'm going to  do my best to start and maintain a journal of what I eat and drink that way I can figure out what makes it worst.
I first noticed that I had CRP about 4 years ago. I'm 19 now. I tried Minocycline once when I was 16 but stopped taking it because I thought that's what was giving me upset stomachs. I failed to realize that it could have been the new birth control with more hormones that I just started taking to that was giving me the upset stomachs. So another dermatologist perscribed me one of the drugs in the tetricycline family, I don't remember what it was called though. It was gone for about 3 months and then it came back :( So I just recently asked my doctor to prescribe me minocycline, so I can try it again. I've been taking it for almost a month and so far no stomach aches & my skin is clearing up. I have it on my lower back, inner elbows (sometimes), neck, and in between my breasts. It's mostly clearing up on my neck, but it's showing some progress in the other areas too. Minocycline seems to be working slowly, but surely.
HI
I am also having CRP for three years , taking minocycline for almost five month , twice a day . It had help a little but not as I hoped . How is your progress.
nanacjv

I am 72 yrs old and was diagnosed with CRP 3 yrs ago.  In all of the posts I did not see anything about the itching.  The itching is driving me over the edge.  I have been prescribed Triamcinolone Acetonitie, Clobetasol, Doxepin and Atarax.  Nothing has helped.  The bumps started on my arms and turned into moles.  They are now covering my body from my head to my feet.  In June 2012. I  had congested heart failure was in the hospital 14 days. While in there I was given prediszone (sp) twice daily tablet and a shot in my stomach.  I did not itch at all BUT developed "roid" rage so bad my family did not want to be around me.

For 2 yrs I had gone to 7 dermatologist and they said they had never seen anything like this.  I finally got an appointment with a major research hospital and the biopsy confirmed CRP.

I am an insulin dependent diabetic, don't know if this has something to do with it.  I was told about a lady with CRP that used lye soap made by the Ammish., I have 4 bars on order and pray this is an answer to my private Hell.
I am 29 years old and when I was around 14 years old, I began to get these dark, dry spots that started on my neck,then my back then my chest ...started to spread to my arms. I felt terrible, scared, embarrased because I was in highschool and was self conscience. I had to constantly cover up winter, spring, summer and fall and once I was hot during summer, exercise or anything.. I'd itch so much and only in the spots where the CRP is located. My first visit to the derm, they said it was eczema.. tried every eczema cure there was and nothing. Then they told me years later that it was Tinea versi color. I struggled with that for years and used every shampoo, cream, steroid...I tried it all. The only thing that seemed to lighten it a bit was using selsun blue and then alcohol (rubbing the rash with it daily), but my skin began to dry out and what a mess the selsun blue became. I went to dermatologist after dermatologist and nothing so..I had basically gave up on it and stopped caring. I went to my pain management appt complainting of pain, they tested me saying that they think that I have lymes disease... never heard of it,prescribed me doxyclycline and after a few weeks, my skin was beautiful, no rash, no blemishes...it was the most prettiest I've ever seen my skin to be. I was excited. After a couple of months, Id say about 3, it started to come back slowly. I was upset and didnt want to go back to the derm because tinea versicolor was what they diagnosed me with and I guess that was it...Something told me one more time to try the dermatologist so, I did it. I'll never forget how the doctor took one look at it and went to grab a book. He showed me what it is and told me he think that is what I have. They took a small piece of skin where the rash was located and the results came back as CRP. He prescribed me minocycline which cleared it right up beautifully, but then I started to get acne on the face which I didnt understand because minocycline is supposed to help acne Lol. So now, they've switched me back to doxycycline and hoping and praying that it clears up so nice like before. (sorry if I have any misspellings :)
Has anyone ever tried the Chinese drug jianpizhiyang granula? I read that this is supposed to help. Just wondering before we ordered it.
So this is just some tips on how to make CRP less noticeable or more manageable. Like I've said in my previous post, I've had CRP for about 5 years now & I've pretty much accepted that it's here to stay for a while, if not forever. I have tried Minocycline & I want to say it works but I can't because I have trouble remembering to take it & when I do remember, I have to wait 2 to 3 hours because I just ate. By the time 2 to 3 hours comes around I forget again. So Minocycline might work for me, but I'll never know unless I set up some way for me to remember to take it. So I'll be paying my dermatologist a visit soon so we can find a medication that I can manage better. Anyways, I've experimented with a few lotions and creams. Retin A did not work for me, I'm now trying Tazorac, which I don't expect much results from, but I'll try anything. As far as making the splotches be less noticeable, my routine is to get 70% alcohol & some cotton swabs & I scrub the hell out of it. Obviously it doesn't completely disappear, but it gets a good amount off & makes it smooth.  I do this right before a HOT shower & then get a nice lather from my soap and just massage it in for a couple minutes. After that it is Extremely smooth & you can hardly see it. Before bed, I'll put
So this is just some tips on how to make CRP less noticeable or more manageable. Like I've said in my previous post, I've had CRP for about 5 years now & I've pretty much accepted that it's here to stay for a while, if not forever. I have tried Minocycline & I want to say it works but I can't because I have trouble remembering to take it & when I do remember, I have to wait 2 to 3 hours because I just ate. By the time 2 to 3 hours comes around I forget again. So Minocycline might work for me, but I'll never know unless I set up some way for me to remember to take it. So I'll be paying my dermatologist a visit soon so we can find a medication that I can manage better. Anyways, I've experimented with a few lotions and creams. Retin A did not work for me, I'm now trying Tazorac, which I don't expect much results from, but I'll try anything. As far as making the splotches be less noticeable, my routine is to get 70% alcohol & some cotton swabs & I scrub the hell out of it. Obviously it doesn't completely disappear, but it gets a good amount off & makes it smooth.  I do this right before a HOT shower & then get a nice lather from my soap and just massage it in for a couple minutes. After that it is Extremely smooth & you can hardly see it. Before bed, I'll put the Tazorac on or whatever topical cream you've been prescribed & and by morning the appearance is much better. To hide it even more I put some loose face powder on the splotches on my neck, Thank goodness for makeup! Again, this is just what works for me, I'm just trying to help anyone who wants to try something new. Also, I found a store bought lotion that doesn't do anything for the appearance but makes it SUPER smooth, called Curel (Ultra healing) you can get it at pretty much any general store. I usually use this when its feeling really dry. Hope this helps!
Hi, I was diagnosed with CRP 2 years ago.  The dermatologist could not give me a definitive answer on what caused it, but I had read that it may be related to thyroid hormone levels.  I had Thyroid cancer previously and was on thyroid replacement therapy when I realized that the CRP correlated with my levels of thyroid hormone.  When I had the optimal levels, the CRP would go away and when my levels were off, the CRP would come back.  I have it on the back of my neck at the hair line and on the chest.  Yes, the itching can drive you mad, especially during the hotter months when you tend to sweat more.  I was offered the antibiotic from the dermatologist, but I only took it a short while due to the fear of a yeast infection, because I am already plagued by those.  I tend to believe that endocrine hormones play a role in CRP.  I would suggest a simple thyroid test from your doctor just to rule out an endocrine problem.  I do not like CRP but as my hormone levels are getting better, so is it getting better and has become more tolerable to live with.

Does anyone have itching with crp I was just diagnosed yeaterday and also did yours start out with light spots that itched
what were your terrible side effects? my son has this and i am concerned if its worth the treatment.
Did the areas get worse before clearing up?