Confused?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Confused?

I have some sores on my arms and legs my doctor said it was staff infection. I have taken two antibiotics. Then I went to the dermatologist. The dermatologist told me I have neurodermatitis but it is spreading and is very painful. He gave me an antihistimine to take. Do you think I should have a third opinion?
From the symptoms of painful sores on legs and arms, it looks more like boils, abscess or erythema nodosum and not like neurodermatitis. Erythema nodosum is a type of skin inflammation that is located in a certain portion of the fatty layer of skin. It results in reddish, painful, tender lumps most commonly located in the front of the legs below the knees.

To confirm the diagnosis get a second opinion done.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.