Constant greasy hair

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Constant greasy hair

I'm 14 and since about two years ago(when I was 13), my hair has been very greasy.(It was about May of '09) I've tried different shampoos, baby powder thing, etc. Nothing has worked for my hair. I think this greasy hair has also caused the acne that I now have on my forehead. I had NO acne until a while after I had the greasy hair. It is only on my scalp then when you get to the bottom tips of my hair it is normal. I can't even straighten my hair anymore, for some reason it won't stay straight anymore.. It is so aggravating b/c there is nothing I can do to help my hair. Does anyone know what the cause is or something that could help it go away forever, instead of just temporarily? Just comment and tell me.. thanks :)
There is no medical condition as such which causes oiliness of the hair. One of the natural homemade remedies for the oily scalp is the use of lemon juice on the scalp and waiting for half an hour before washing it off. It is supposed to be good both for the oily scalp as well dandruff if any. A good massage of the scalp is also helpful as it ensures an increased blood supply of the scalp and also takes away the oils of the scalp towards the hair.

It makes sense to avoid the use of conditioner as it also tends to make the scalp oily. When shampooing the hair, switch from warm water to cool water after you've thoroughly rinsed away the shampoo. The cool water rinse helps close the pores of the scalp and slow down the oil production.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.