Cortisone cream on lips
Twice a year my lips get very red, burn, and I get a rash in the area around my lips.  Then they start flaking and it eventually goes away, but it takes several weeks. I use Herpecin lip balm which seems to help the most, but this year it looks worse then usual.  

Is it safe to use over the counter cortisone cream on the lips?

Thank you.  

Perioral dermatitis is a common facial skin problem which presents with groups of itchy or tender small red papules around the mouth and may spread to the chin, cheeks and around the eyes. The skin surface often becomes dry and flaky.This may be due to: neglecting to wash the face regularly; face creams, cream cleansers, make-up foundation and sunscreens; or topical steroid creams or ointments, which appear to be the most frequent cause.  Treatment includes discontinuing all face creams including topical steroids, cosmetics and sunscreens; washing the face with warm water alone and antibiotics prescribed by your doctor. You can read more about this through this link: http://dermnetnz.org/acne/perioral-dermatitis.html
Take care and keep us posted.