Could I have diabetic blisters?
I have blisters that are all over both elbows, on the back of my hands on my knuckles, and on the back of my arms by my arm pits.  Can this be caused by diabetes?
Gastric bypass can produce Zinc deficiency and condition resembling 'Acrodermatitis enteopathica type' or kwashiokor like blisters on skin.Nutritional correction would help in recovery. in both if so.
For such blisters, dermatitis herpetiformis should be ruled out. Typical symptoms include burning, stinging, and intense itching and rash consists of small vesicles on the extensor aspects. It is an autoimmune blistering disorder associated with a gluten-sensitive enteropathy. Investigation which needs to be done is biopsy skin which is the only investigation to diagnose this condition.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I posted back in 2011 and just realized you had replied to me.  I did have gastric bypass, and have shown these blisters to my doctor who did the surgery.  he said he couldn't tell me what this was so I went to a dermatologist and they did biopsy and said it was from diabetes but I'm not a diabetic.  I will have my doctor check to see if I have a zinc deficiency.  thanks for the information.
Good,and if so correction of deficiency should help here. Best wishes.