Could it be Excema? instead of Jockitch?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Hi, I regret to say this but for over a year now, i have had a itch in my groin area. First off, im a clean guy, i believe in staying clean, tho i am overweight, i have always been one to use talc powder and the like to keep myself dry in the groing area, under my arms you name it. Well over a year ago i noticed a itch, and let me say its more then just uncomfortable to deal with its driveing me mad. The are started out in the pubic region, around the ball sac, and under then ball sac back toward the anus. there has never been any redness, or anything to indicate jock itch, but i have been known to swet alot due to my size, so i immediately assumed it must be jock itch. Well over 6 months ago today, i went to a doctor, i was told the obvious "try over the counter creme" i went back and was told "you should loose some weight, its likely the moisture" i went back 2 more times, and each time i have tryed to explain the changes if there were any from the treatments i have tried myself since until the last time they refused to give me any medication by prescription. I have tryed bleach baths, oatmeal baths, tea tree oil, tinactin, lotrimin and the other cremes, i tried a hydrocortizone, i have tried talc powder to the ninth degree, i have tried several other things, like eating yogurt with cultures, placeing garlic near the area (which by the way ... idk how that was suppose to work, because i cant see placeing tape on my junk...) so i tried eating garlic. Well over the entire time the itch seemed to start under my arms, while my arms did seem to change color slightly my groin doesnt seemt to have. Well the itching has persisted and so the doctor gave me difuclan.. well no luck. However the groin area itching has seemed to have relocated itself to the the ball sac, the inner thigh, and the area that goes between my legs back to by butt. the itching under my arms seems to have stopped, tho now behind my arms itch. Behind my arms i note dry skin, that itches constantly, across my stomach and belly button itch, my legs now itch, up and down them, but not my feet or hands, or my forearmss. The groin is the worst but it only seems really bad at night, as for the legs an arms they are the worst at night, but they bother me all day. This is a lot to read, but i want help, and my current doctors dont seem to be interested in helping me so much as insulting my weight. in dec i was over 350lbs, and now on feb 19 i weight 283.4lbs i have done it myself, i have maintained a steady decline it weight, i eat small meals etc, nothing funny about my eating habits, i have cut out soda's and most sweets. I was told sugar made jock itch worst, so i dont eat hardly anything with sugar in it at this point, and while my weight is down (im 6'3) i have noticed the itch seems to have started on my legs an behind my arms as a result? im not sure, but i really want to get rid of this itch. I have a wonderful woman i intend to marry, but im afraid to even attempt to make love with her for fear that ill give her whatever i have. I have had blood test run (only been with one other person and that was 6 years ago) blood always comes back fine, infact my doctor said i was healthier then most people half my size..... which still blows my mind that they can insult me, and tell me that in the same sentence yet not diagnose my issue. please assist in anyway you can. thanks and God bless.

This discussion is related to Penis Rash.
Tags: Excema?
O id also like to note that when i used some of the creams, especially tea tree oil, it caused me to peel, but otherwise i havent peeled either.