Could it be a wart?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Could it be a wart?

Two months ago i had noticed a single tiny pin looking growth at the top of the crevice between my shaft and my testicles in the pubic area.  I had accidentally scratched it off, and few weeks later i notice it returned.  This time I left it alone to let it to see if it would grow, and it did much different than the first time.  I thought it looked like a wart now, so i freaked and began to google everything i could about genital warts, came across the vinegar test.  Well i attempted the test multiple times using 5% white vin and no color change at all.  Assuming then it was a skin tag, i have them on my neck (heredity,) i go to the dermatologist today to get it taken off and he says its a wart.  i have it shaved and sent off to biopsy to be sure i guess.   But now im freaking out again,  I've been with my girlfriend (faithfully) for 11 months 8 months in they develop.  I've never had them before..  Is the vinegar test reliable on men?  could shaving cause weird looking wart/mole/skin tag looking growths?
It can be a skin tag but since it has returned and as you are sexually active, so wart is another important possibility. Vinegar test is not a confirmatory test and a biopsy skin is the most confirmatory test. The test report should come out in a few days time and you should wait till then. Warts are tumours or growths of the skin caused by infection with Human Papillomavirus (HPV).They are contagious when in contact with the skin of an infected person. So avoid any physical contact till the report comes out fine.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.