Cracking, peeling skin on palm & fingers, one hand

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

For eight or nine years I have had a progressing condition with the skin on the palm and fingers of my left hand only.  It started with a very small, dry, blister-like patch of dry, cracking, peeling skin in the center of the pad on the end of my index finger, and over time has slowly spread down that finger to my palm, thumb, middle finger and has begun to move up my ring finger.  There is a somewhat visible line between the affected area of my palm and the unaffected skin, which shows the condition has also progressed to the base of my pinkie finger, and covers roughly 2/3 of my palm.  The condition produces hard, dry, considerably less pliable skin that will crack (and bleed) with very little provocation, and which peels in small strips and sections.  Fingertips are especially susceptible to cracking and bleeding, and the skin there is quite hard and rough.  The skin does not seem to repair itself as does the skin on my right hand.  Hand lotions have no effect on the condition, and I have even tried applying Bag Balm (covered with a latex glove) on the entire hand over a course of several consecutive nights with no effect on any of the symptoms (other than a very temporary-- 30 mins-- softening of the skin).  When my hands are cold, the affected area is significantly more red than the unaffected area.  I am a left-handed baseball pitcher, and this condition affects my ability to throw effectively, due to crack-prone index and middle fingertips.  Might someone have some good insight into an effective treatment for this ongoing condition?  Thank you so much.
For such cracking skin on hands, apply lots of moisturing lotion and vit E on the hands. Place protective covering or bandages over the finger to decrease friction on the skin until the sore heals. During the day, hydrate and protect hands with a protective and moisturizing cream. At night, repair them with creams. For a more intensive nighttime treatment, apply cream and then cover hands with gloves or socks. Your body heat helps the cream sink deeper into the skin. I would also suggest you to avoid washing hands with soap repeatedly and use gloves while doing any household work.

If the symptoms persist then get it evaluated from a dermatologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.