Crater like lesion on Penis Glans(glands)

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I am 26 yr old single male.Two days ago I noticed a crater like depression lesion on my penis glans (glands),it has no open sore/ulcer.
It doesn't pain either.it's just the circular scar with a slight depression.
I am not sexually active.
The only two things i think may have caused it could be:-
1.I received a rough lap dance 4 days ago.
2.I applied nivea skin cream on my penis foreskin as it was dry few days ago.
I want to know if this is something serious or  just wait and watch.
Will the scar go away on it's own?
can I apply some cream to make it heal faster?

Plz help.
Usually for such type of lesion, the possibility of syphilis needs to be ruled out. The first symptom is a round ulcer on either the penis itself or the scrotum. This type of lesion is not painful and will go away on its own, only to return as a number of painless ulcers that are gray in color.

I suggest you to get this possibility ruled out from a dermatologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thanks Doc.
i got evaluated from a derm...and he said the lession doesn't look  like syphillis (syphilis)...he thinks i have lichen planus as i had come small lessions on othe part of glans (glands) too...he asked me to apply Mycolog II (Nystatin and Triamcinolone)..for 1 week and come back.if it doesn't heel.
The lession looks healed after 1 week now...but there is hyperpigmentation at the same place....please let me know how can i reduce that...is there any cream which can help to lighten it...as it looks like a disease even after healing...
Without treatment, this usually takes about 6 months to resolve and for the skin color to go back to its normal color.  Topical treatments with acids and chemical peels can be effective but can take a while for the skin to totally revert to its normal color and at the delicate skin of penis, it is usally less recommended.  Microdermabrasion can also be done, but this might require several sessions.  Skin resurfacing using lasers is also an option if the hyperpigmentation becomes persistent.  

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.  

Avatar n tn
hello,
there is no other way to post sorry
i need some help
20 yr old uncircumcised male. Not sexually active. frequent masturbation. noticed some crater like depression spot on penis head along with a small and pale scar looking like line (yellowish/brown) near it. The skin texture has become rough and wrinkly type towards the top and towards the bottom of the penis head it is more smooth and fleshy like. looks like skin is peeling or similar. No pain during urination or masturbation. No pain on touching the spot. Mentally disturbed with tension as to what this could be. please help! is this dangerous?