Crazy Iching

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Crazy Iching

I can't believe what I'm hearing.  I have the same exact upper arm iching that I hear described here.  I have had it for about 4 years now.  Its my upper arms sometimes my lower arms above my wrist.  I have had all kinds of test.  Biopsys, blood work.  My doctor finally gave up and told me that sometimes "women" get ichy arms..LOL  I got a new doctor.  I have found that stress triggers it even if its not right away and stressful moments don't always bring on an attack, and yes they are attacks!  My new doctor prescribed a mild anti-anxiety medication and that along with prescription anti itch medication it seems to help.  Ice packs, when its really bad helps too. I agree with those who say that they feel it is a symptom of something internal but nobody can seem to figure out what it is.  You have to experience the intense itching in order to understand what we are talking about.  

This discussion is related to UPPER ARM ITCH-I'M NOT CRAZY EITHER.

This could be allergic reactions to unknown substances, skin hypersensitivity, eczema, dermatitis or insect/bug bites.

What is your age? Could you describe the rash a little?

Do you notice the lesions trigerred in response to a specific stimulus like sun exposure, some substance related to your work place?

You should try to keep the area dry and clean. Try some powder to absorb the sweat.

Apply calamine lotion at the site and take some oral antihistamine medications like loratadine or cetrizine for your complaints. You should wash all your linen and bed clothing once in an antibacterial solution and sun dry it.

Those red spots could be chery angiomas.

If the symptoms are still persistent, consult your dermatologist and get a proper clinical evaluation done.

Let us know if you have any doubts and keep us posted on how you are doing.

Good luck.
Sounds like this just keeps on keepin on......Some of the people posting about itching arms ( usually the left arm) have had this for 20-30 years.  Good God...... Mine has just started.........You mean in 30 years NO ONE has figured this out?????
Mine is just like all the others almost on every point.... There's got to be a reason.  
Are there any recent posts?? They all seem to end in 2008
Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers