Crotch Marks?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Crotch Marks?

So I've noticed some markings on my inner thighs in the crotch area.  They are similar to stretch marks in appearance.  There is slight indentation of the skin and the texture feels rubbery.  The markings are slightly red in color, but no pain or discomfort accompanies them.  Are these stretch marks or something else?
  • Stretch Marks (4 replies):
    I always see lots of new stretch marks creams/ lotions i...[more]
  • stretch marks (2 replies):
    so i got stretch marks in my teens and have failed to fi...[more]
  • stretch marks (1 replies):
    hi even tho i used creams durning my preganacy i still g...[more]
  • confused (1 replies):
    On my inner thigh i noticed that my skin has gotten thin...[more]
  • stretch marks (1 replies):
    how can i get rid of the stretch marks that have appeare...[more]
From the description, they sound like stretch marks. Stretch marks can appear when there is rapid stretching of the skin. It is common in rapid gaining or losing of weight, pregnancy, puberty, cushings syndrome and overuse of steroids.

Creams containing alpha hydroxyl acids and retin-A are said to be useful in decreasing the stretch marks but the advertised antimarks creams have no proof of effectiveness. Eat healthy ,nutritious food ,drink plenty of fluids and do moderate exercises. Laser therapy and dermabrasion, alone or in combination have also been shown to be effective in diminishing the appearance of stretch marks. For that you need to consult a dermatologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.