Cure for leukocytoclastic vasculitis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Cure for leukocytoclastic vasculitis

I've just been diagnosed with  leukocytoclastic vasculitis.  Is there a cure for this or is this something that will reoccur... whenever it feels like it?  What causes it? Stress, medication, etc?
There are many reasons for leukocytoclastic vasculitis.  If you are in a flare and developing ulcers, a punch biopsy with an immunofluorescent test will often determine what is causing this.  In my case, it was cutaneous polyarteritis nodosa.  Prednisone would control the flare as long as it was in my system, but as soon as it was out, another flare would begin.  My disease has been primarily hereditary (50% of my family has had autoimmune disease of some type) and stress.  Through treatment combining prednisone and Imuran I achieved nearly 5 years remission.  With my father's diagnosis of mesothelioma this year, my disease has returned.

Although vasculitis can be contained to skin, nerves and muscle, it is important to control it.  Staph infections in an ulcer can lead to very serious complications.  Some vasculitities are not contained to just the skin and can affect the gut and other organs.  Without treatment they can be fatal.  It is really important to determine if your vasculitis is a reaction to a medication or stress, or an indication of something more systemic.  
IS THERE A LINK BTWN FLU VACCINE AND THIS DISEASE????

I have been suffering for 5 years....off and on each month!!!!   I am a 25 year old female. My backgound is of asian decent. I was a normal healthy 21 year old when I first received the flu vaccine. I decided to take it bc the doctors recommended it for those who have a newborn....which I just had my first child who was 5 mo. at the time.

After the receiving the vaccine, I got the flu and became very sick! A week later, I had deep stomach pain and pain in my knee joints. To my discover were little red bumps underneath my arms and then spreading to my lower legs. My life has been altered bc of this disease! I NEED HELP. Bc I also have protein in my urine, I am seeing a nephrologist. All the doctors that I have been in to see, DENY any link to the flu vaccine yet when I pull up medical research...there are so many researches linking the two.

I am dying for a cure. I eat healthy, am active, and love life! Why is this happening to me. PLEASE HELP IF YOU ARE A DR. OR HAVE ANY INFORMATION/ADVICE. I am scheduled to see a rheumatologist in 2 wks.
I had leukocytoclastic vasculitis for a year and am now finally cured thanks to a high powered PEMF machine I purchased. I used it every day two times a day for 9 minutes and after two months I am fully cured. The PEMF machine helps oxygenate you blood and realign your cells in my body. It worked for me I am more than happy to share my success with you. It was a horrible disease that I would not wish on my worst enemy.. If anyone has any questions email me at ***@****. 
What kind of pemf machine did you use and at what rate and frequency were you using it. My email is ***@**** am desperate for a cure for this other than predisone.
I looked up PEMF Machines and WOW, there are so many different ones.. I have Systemic Lupus, Rhumitoid Arthuritis, Mixed Connective Tissue Diesease and to top it off.. last summer was diagnosed with Vascularitis.. I was put in the hospital and given sterioides and cell-cept... this worked... but not it is back and in different places than before... how can this help me and also which machine do u recommend?? Which one did you use??
Thanks... loriann 1234 @ hot mail . com

I spaced my email so it would show up here for u..
Thanks for any help you may be able to give.. also did your insurance pay for this?
What Pemf machine did you get?  No more breakouts and no more prednisone?  It seems that my breakouts are more and more frequent.  Any help is appreciated.
I bought a machine from game time therapy it was worth every penny
Hi i also had vasculitis after being injected with flu vaccine!  Doctors were denying that this is the cause but i'm really sure that that flu vaccine triggered this disease.  This started last September 04, 2012 and i'm still suffering for it now...:-( waaaaahhhhhhh...if i could just turn back time, i hate flu vaccines! it made my life like hell!!!
David tell me about this machine and give specifacation. I have been battling this for about 2 years and have good days and Bad days. You do know there are other reasons you get this diasease . Lyme and infected cat bites from fleas and it's called Bartonella hencillia . If you look them up you will see  the disease we have. The medical Dr's here want acknowledge it Theres a DR in Raleigh NC that will and They cure it with a pick line and Antibioctics. I will get you more info if you like it's very exspensive/
I bought a machine from gametimetherapy after using for one month I was cured. The machine is easy to use and is no invasive. The machine is expensive but I had tried others with no success. I urge you to read about PEMF it has been around for 50 years helping all kind of illnesses.
Hello! I am a 34yr old female and have been diagnosed with LCV. I have heard a lot of people saying this has effected their legs, feet and back but not arms or between fingers.. Mine started inbetween my toes,ankles and calves, but now is mostly on my arms and alittle above elbows. My hands itch really bad. I have done the steriod shots, different creams, icepacks because my skin gets real hot sometimes before I break out.

I would do anything for this to go away. The itching and burning is almost everyday. I have had this the last 8 months. I am unable to enjoy a shower like I used to. Does anyone feel this way?
Just wondered how you were doing with LCV? I use a variety of things and am interested in what others do. For topical: I use Arnica Gel by Boiron, and any brand cortizone-10 Cream. I take a glyconutritional: Manna Cleanse by Mannatech as a help for body/skin toxins. I use pain relievers, prescribed and OTC. Specifically for the red dots on the skin, I use low-dose doxycline hyclate and for the burning, low-dose xanax. It is important to use low dosage on the meds. Doxy is actually an antibiotic, but at a low-dose it has an anti- inflammatory effect in the skin, and does not become active as an antibiotic and cause side effects. Same for Xanax - at a low dose it relaxes your muscles, at full dose it becomes active as an anti-depressant. Getting rid of or reducing stress has also been helpful.
Hello Jewel,

If you are active here, i would like to share that i am also experiencing LCV (Vasculitis) and also started after a flu vaccine that caused severe flu.

i, like others am looking for remedies and help.

thank you all for posting your experiences.
My red spots have also been diagnosed as small vessels leukocytoclastic vasculitis. I also went through a flu vaccine. But not sure it can be the exact reason for this. But i guess it has triggered something
After reading several posts stating of a possible link between LCV and the flu shot it makes me wonder.  I received my flu and pneumonia shots approx 2 weeks before I was diagnosed with LCV.  I did not think to tell my dermatologist (who made the diagnosis) this information.