Cuts on foreskin of penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Cuts on foreskin of penis

I am an uncircumcised male. I have been experiencing red cuts on the foreskin of my penis for about six months. The severity of the cuts depends on if I am sexually active, although they do not completely go away. Sometimes the cuts are sore. They are all around the tip of the foreskin. Does anyone know what this is or how it could be treated?? Thanks
Avatar_dr_f_tn

This may be a case of balanitis. Balanitis is a skin condition affecting the head of the penis. This is not necessarily a sexually transmitted disease. The chance of acquiring balanitis increases in uncircumcised males. Balanitis may be due to a fungal infection or dermatitic skin conditions. I suggest that you wash the area right after sexual activity. Use a mild cleanser when washing the area. Apply a light vitamin E cream over the area and observe if the skin improves through time. Dryness and scaling may have caused the cuts on the penile skin.
Can Balanitis be transmitted to my girlfriend? If it is a fungal infection, do I need to see a doctor to recieve medical treatment? Or will the vitamin E take care of it? Thank you so much for your input..I have been searching all over the internet and can't find similiar cases.

Thanks!
i have a similar problem i am 19 and in a steady relation ship with my girlfriend for the past month or so i have noticed my foreskin has gone red and tight and when i pull it back to clean it its tight and when it dries out small cuts appear i am really worried about this i dont know what to do i dont want to go docs incase it bad news

somebody please help

thank you.
balanitis is a yeast/fungal infection, you probably got it from your partner if you arent hygenically challenged.  Yeast infections are caused by the yeast/natural bacteria being out of balance.  If yeast is overgrowing you get a yeast infection.  Lots of women have them and dont know it because they arent bad.  An exposure to a yeasty vagina can put you over your threshold and guess what you end up with... they dont consider it to be sexually transmitted because everyone has yeast in their bodies but exposure to someone experiencing a yeast flare up can give you one too.  I got thrush in my mouth from my girlfriend once, it was freaking nasty.  dont mess around until you and your partner are 100% back to normal.
I had the same problem several years ago. I went to a urologist who explained that with age the foreskin can, in some cases, actually shrink. I had two options, both surgical. The first involved cutting the foreskin and allowing it to heal, giving the foreskin some slack. The second involved a curcumcision. I attempted the first which didn't work and ended up having the curcumcision. Be prepared, the curcumcision causes you to lose some length in the penis, but no one could tell me why it happens. Best bet is get to a urologist and get all your options. Good luck.
cuts on the foreskin of the penis is simple, check ur blood sugar, I'm sure it is high. I would know from experience. check it out.
I am going thru the same condition as mentioned above. Got those red rashes and its painful to retract foreskin.
Went to a urologist - he has given anti-fungal (fluconazole) and an antibiotic (Cefuroxime axetil). He has asked to be ready for a circumcision. I'll try for few days and see where it is going. He has asked to get blood sugar tests to be done before deciding on medical procedure.
-dw
yes u r absolutly right.........Im also facing this problem from past 8 years....pls smbody giv a suggestion for it how to lower my blood sugar level.......plsssssssss
Please stop having anything with sugar as of now, no ice cream, no chocolates, no sugar in the coffee etc etc. contact your doctor and he will immediately start on tablet or insulate (tablet are life long)
I have the same problem, I am boarder line diabetic for last 7yeras and recently had cut of my foreskin, now almost three week doctor is treating me but it's taking really long to hell due to my sugar level. any wound on your body take really long to hell when u have sugar problem. I am taking gupisone 5mg three times a day now took one injection did blood test
take care bro