Dermatology Expert Forum
Cuts on penis won't heal.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Cuts on penis won't heal.

About a month or two ago, I noticed that I started getting these little cuts on my penis shaft, close to the base of the penis. They go half way around the penis, in the creases of the skin, almost like a stretch mark that has started to rip open. I am circumsised, but the cuts are no where near that. I also have one skin tear that starts at the base of my penis and goes down onto my scrotum, probably about 2 inches long. Any stretching of that area, seems to rip the cut open everytime it starts to heal.

If you can imagine your skin starting to tear on the lines and creases in the palm of your hand. That's what it's like.

They are starting to heal slowly, very slowly but with every erection, the skin is very close to ripping and opening again. After applying neosporin and Vaseline, the skin has a shiny appearance and even had a different texture now. Even when washing the area, it gets very red and irritated.

What's going on? HELP!
This sounds to me like irritation.  Erections etc. are not giving it enough time to heal.  Please continue to lubricate, minimize friction, and see a doctor to check whether you need a medicated cream.  Infection of any kind does not seem at all likely.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
1 Comment
A related discussion, cuts, penis, irritation was started.