Cyst? On chest, above breast area - PAINFUL!
I had what I thought was a small bruise above my right breast, just to the (my) right of my sternum. I found that it was slightly darker, almost purple and when I put a **very** small amount of pressure on it, I felt it 'pop' under my skin like a very full zit would. It is now VERY painful and swollen. I have an anti-bacterial cream on it now, that I got when we had a round of staph go through our house. I also covered it with a bandage.

My worry is that the material released under my skin will cause further infection? Is this a cyst, or do I need a round of antibiotics?

Thanks for your time.

It does appear that this could be an infectious cyst, where pressure released the contents underneath. Since its very painful and swollen, I think the infection is still active and would be a cause for further spread.

You need to see your doctor immediately and try to get this diagnosed and treated. Mere  application of an anti-bacterial cream may not work.

Meanwhile, wear loose clothes and do not apply any pressure at the site.

Keep us posted and let us know if you have any other queries.

Best regards
And, you may need antibiotics depending on the final diagnosis, though it appears likely.
Thanks. I have a drs appt and there is some improvement, but I'm going anyway! :)

Thats great. You already have some improvement without going to the doctor.

Keep us posted on your health and if you may need any other information.

Best regards