Dermatology Community
Cyst Perineum
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Cyst Perineum

I have what I believe to be a cyst on my perineum.  It has been there on and off for about a year now.  I finally had it looked at by a dermatologist as it had grown in size and was producing mild discomfort.  The Dr. gave me a shot of something into the cyst and it disappeared for approximately 3 weeks.  It has now returned, is twice the size and is extremely painful to the point where walking is uncomfortable, sitting is uncomfortable and standing is uncomfortable.  I went to the Dr. with the expectation that the cyst would be excised and after researching the issue, it seems to be a common course of treatment.  I am wondering, what was it that she possibly shot me up with and should I seek a second opinion, to a Dr. that will not just treat the symptom but actually correct the problem?   Currently the cyst has grown from half an inch in circumference to an oval shape of about two inches that may include some swelling from walking.