Cyst Perineum

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Cyst Perineum

I have what I believe to be a cyst on my perineum.  It has been there on and off for about a year now.  I finally had it looked at by a dermatologist as it had grown in size and was producing mild discomfort.  The Dr. gave me a shot of something into the cyst and it disappeared for approximately 3 weeks.  It has now returned, is twice the size and is extremely painful to the point where walking is uncomfortable, sitting is uncomfortable and standing is uncomfortable.  I went to the Dr. with the expectation that the cyst would be excised and after researching the issue, it seems to be a common course of treatment.  I am wondering, what was it that she possibly shot me up with and should I seek a second opinion, to a Dr. that will not just treat the symptom but actually correct the problem?   Currently the cyst has grown from half an inch in circumference to an oval shape of about two inches that may include some swelling from walking.
Definitely it can be a cyst or an abscess. Since it is painful, it means that it is infected and in such cases, excision and drainage is the best treatment. I suggest you to get it evaluated from a dermatologist and get it excised.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.