Cyst between the eyes

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Cyst between the eyes

Ten days ago I could feel a zit coming up between my eyes, right on the bridge of my nose.  I'm old enough to know that leaving these things alone usually results in a few days of pain and ugliness, followed by a retreat.  Not this time.  Last week I woke up with my right eye nearly swollen shut because of this horrible thing.  During the day, it went down considerably so I figured I was on the way to recovery.  Wrong again.  

I literally cannot open my right eye this morning.  The swelling now includes my left eyelid, forehead, halfway down my nose, and into my right cheek bone.  If it's not better in the morning, I guess I need to call the family doc.  Should I do anything at all until I see my doctor, or just leave it alone?
Avatar_dr_f_tn

I suggest you seek immediate consult.If you can not get an immediate appointment, you seek consult at the nearest ER. I do not mean to alarm you but the pimple may have been infected and involved the nearby structures. One has to consider a cellulitis and this may need antibiotic treatment.It is not wise to leave this unmanaged. For the meantime a cool compress ( not too cold ) may keep the swelling down .Apply it gently over the area about 3 minutes each time   just to alleviate the pain and swelling if present.
Thank you so much!  I didn't do anything with it yesterday since I didn't know whether to use cold or heat.  The whole right side of my head is pounding and my right eye is really irritated and swollen.  Guess I'm in for it now.  Calling the doc...
Can you say "cellulitis"?  Sure you can!  Give it a try!  Saw the doc yesterday and he was horrified.  I quote, "This is a very dangerous infection..."  Well shoot a monkey.  :-(  I'm taking oral antibiotics and have to go in for a recheck in a couple of days.  If no improvement it's off for IV antibiotics.  $&S!***?!!!!