Dermatology Community
Cyst crater
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Cyst crater

I have had a cyst on the are around my outer lip for a month!  It's a hard crater type not an acne Type!  It hurts and it has a hard core center which I squeezed and it does not go away.  Taking antibiotics and a clear antibiotic cream to no avail!!  Help
Tags: Cyst
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
It can be a boil or a cyst. Boils are caused by infection of the hair follicle by staph aureus. . Hair follicles that are blocked by greasy creams, petroleum jelly, or similar products are more vulnerable to infection. Bacterial skin infections can be spread by shared cosmetics or washcloths, close human contact, or by contact with pus from a boil or carbuncle. Treatment includes antibiotics and incision and drainage and do not touch or pick them up.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank