Cyst growing beneath keloid on chest

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Cyst growing beneath keloid on chest

5450061?1268106624
I'm 18 and I had really bad acne from 15 on, which fortunately disappeared with the use of Accutane. Even after that, there left a keloid right in the middle of my chest and a tiny one on my shoulder. Recently, I had a mini growth directly under it, and I originally thought that the keloid was just growing. I went to my dermatologist and she told me it was a cyst and it was growing larger. She told me that if she removed it, it would be likely that it would scar and a keloid would form. (My skin is probably prone to keloids). It is currently growing, and any simple tasks such as putting a shirt on or stretching would cause constant pains. (not too bad, just irritating) Right now I do not know what to do, and any advice would be appreciated, thanks.
From the symptoms it looks like a cyst under the keloid. They may occur anywhere on body but scalp, ears, back, face, and upper arm, are common sites for sebaceous cysts. Generally no treatment is required but they become painful then it means they are infected,Then surgical excision by traditional wide excision, minimal excision, and punch biopsy excision may be required. I am afraid that since the cyst is painful now, you will have to get it removed.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
Thank you for replying. The reason I did not want to get a surgery in the first place was because my doctor had told me that my skin is prone to keloids and I would likely grow one from the scar left from the excision. Do these kinds of cysts go away after time? If not, I have no other choice than to go with the surgery. The thing is, right now everything I do feels limited because it is right in the middle of my chest. Putting a shirt on causes me to stretch my chest, which causes a little pain. There are many other things that I can not do or I am afraid to do because I am always aware that the cyst is there. The only reason I did not opt for the surgery is that it might slowly go away. Also, a couple of days ago, a pimple started to grow on top of the keloid, but hopefully that will go away as well. Thank you for your reply.
Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers